garbon
Civilian

Becoming an Empire question

Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:34 pm

I just bought this game and despite warnings about the learning curve I've found things to be pretty smooth going (just a bit of trial and error). I do have one issue though that I haven't been able to figure out.

I started off the main campaign as the green player on fantasia. Using the Alemanii I conquered most of Gaul. Shortly after my nation reached age 3 (around 390), my barbarians switched directly to Empire (skipping kingdom). When that occured all the horde units from my other barbarian tribes disappeared. Is that supposed to happen?/ how do I raise troops then?

calvinus

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:15 am

Once the transition to Kingdom or Empire status has been completed (1 year since the event), it's absolutely normal (and right) that the Horde(s) disappear. Hordes are the ethnical core of nomadic barbarians, indeed. So they are not compatible with the kingdoms and empires. While Hordes were granting free reinforcements, the new Empire status now forces you to "buy" and train new troops, as well as to spend money in realm administration...
:sourcil:

garbon
Civilian

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:04 am

Sure, but only one of my nations became an empire. The other 4 were still barbarian hordes...

calvinus

Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:19 pm

I don't understand. The right behaviour should be: all hordes of Alemans vanish within one year since the Empire status change. What happened instead?

garbon
Civilian

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:01 pm

In addition to the hordes of the Alemanii disappearing, the hordes of the Barbarian tribes of the Saxons, Jutes, Sevii, and Thurginians disappeared as well (all the green player nations).

Return to “Great Invasions”