alexander seil

Why not transfer Great Invasions to Paradox?

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:37 pm

Now that you guys have joined the dark side...

But seriously. There are obvious engine parallels to (older) Paradox games. I actually brought this up on Paradox forums and probably, and both sides claim that it's a "coincidence" that the engines look and work so similarly...

Now, why not have a Great Invasions II on the Clausewitz (EUIII/HoIIII/Rome/VickyII) engine? It's one of the few periods Paradox grand strategies didn't cover, and it would benefit from having more than 1 man on the team.

Jayavarman
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:17 am

E-mail Fredrik.
"Sad fragility of human things! What riches and treasures of art will remain forever buried beneath these ruins; how many distinguished men - artists, sovereigns, and warriors - are now forgotten!"

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."

PhilThib

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 am

If the engine can handle the political and religious aspects of GI, why not...but who will do it? Calvinus is fully busy with WW1 for the next months :confused:

Palpat
Colonel

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:20 am

alexander seil wrote:Now that you guys have joined the dark side...

But seriously. There are obvious engine parallels to (older) Paradox games. I actually brought this up on Paradox forums and probably, and both sides claim that it's a "coincidence" that the engines look and work so similarly...

Now, why not have a Great Invasions II on the Clausewitz (EUIII/HoIIII/Rome/VickyII) engine? It's one of the few periods Paradox grand strategies didn't cover, and it would benefit from having more than 1 man on the team.

Would definitely be a buy if it does not follow the current paradox trail: in such a timeframe, I want historicity and not randomness, I want aging and collapsing nation, not being able to choose, say, Alamans and stay in game up until 1066. And as I'm a fresh converted to it: I want to keep the several nation for a player thing. :neener:

Generalisimo

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:25 pm

alexander seil wrote:Now that you guys have joined the dark side...

Well, I do not know if the Paradox engine can manage the exact behaviour than the engine of GI... and I do not know if they are really interested in adapting the engine to do that.
A project like that will be huge, because they will need to add a lot of new things specific for this game.
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

JMass
Corporal

Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:19 am

Personally I prefer a historical turn-based GI II over a Paradox-like game, GI is a good product but I could hardly buy another RT game.
"Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
[SIZE="1"]Αυτοκράτορ Κωνσταντίνος ΙΑ' Δραγάσης Παλαιολόγος[/size]

Now playing, testing or modding: AJE-BoR, Ancient Warfare, CMBN, CMFI, CTGW, FoG, RUS, Squad Battles, WWII-Europe
Idling: a lot of games

steven444
Civilian

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:30 am

i agreed with u JMASS
steven

joriandrake
Civilian

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:06 am

Generalisimo wrote:Well, I do not know if the Paradox engine can manage the exact behaviour than the engine of GI... and I do not know if they are really interested in adapting the engine to do that.
A project like that will be huge, because they will need to add a lot of new things specific for this game.

I don't care about what engine is used, aslong it is possible to play as the (a) Church alone instead of the typical nation play and go converting provinces and nations to different faiths, the best part of this game in my opinion is the ability to do so and this could even be used to simulate the emerging Christianity 350 years earlier than GI era

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:28 am

Phil: Luca is always busy with his indefinite game. t

PhilThib

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:00 am

Yes he is :D

Christophe.Barot

Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:08 am

I have only the original version

is there some patches to make it an updated one (not that i have time to play with PON, but ..)
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

joriandrake
Civilian

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:54 am

PhilThib wrote:Yes he is :D

use torches, feathers, cookies, honey, or whatever it takes to get the people necessary, but make this game get a proper sequel, or atleast a major overhaul

Return to “Great Invasions”