Palpat
Colonel

Ostrogoths/Visigoths advices

Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:05 pm

I'm trying to have a GC, playing Blue and focusing on Goths -ie letting the others into AI hands for the time being-.

I'm in 376 and Huns just spawned and attacked the Alains and Ostrogoths... I won the first battle, but would like to have a few advice for those two nations: what should be my course of action now?

PhilThib

Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Run away from the Huns as fast and as far as possible...best direction is North-West.

If you can't, protect the Ostrogoth's horde, and submit to the Huns when the choice is offered. Try to screen the Alans by Ostrogoth, to allow them time to move to the west (they will score best in Western Gaul and in Spain)

Palpat
Colonel

Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Well, the Huns did not fare well yet: they failed all the battle against my Ostrogoths and only took one province to the Alans.
They have been around for 4 years by the way... I guess that Attila will be more dreadfull.
Attila and some Major Invasion event.

But how can I screen the alans? I do not controll them and they are more east than I am. They have the common border with the Huns, not me...
And how will they escape? They can't cross my territory just like I can't cross the Roman Empires. Is a declaration of war mandatory?

PhilThib

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:43 pm

AI will help, because IIRC, the Alans are in Raider status and are run by AI (plus some events which should strive to push them westward)... try just to avoid them when they enter your realm

Palpat
Colonel

Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Well... I got the 376 Foedius event for Visigoths that did not gave anything. I therefore went to grab things myself.

But by far more critic is the situation of Ostrogoths: the horde vanished after a battle against the Hun! Are they doomed?
Huns are currently fighting Alans, Persians and... Roman Empire that got some provinces in Central Russia! :bonk:

Palpat
Colonel

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:32 pm

So, without an Horde, are my Ostrogoths doomed to die?
I've read the .pdf about nations, but never did he Huns asked for vassalization...

PhilThib

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:28 pm

I believe there is a kind of "rebirth" event for your Ostrogoth when/if the Hun collapse, which should happen sometimes after Attila's death..

Return to “Great Invasions”