enf91
AGEod Veteran

Demo available?

Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:22 am

I noticed that for all the other games (except World War One, but I hope that's pending) there is a demo available. Montjoie!, BOA2, AACW, and so forth all have demos available on their websites, but Great Invasions doesn't. Am I misreading the signs or...?

PhilThib

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:21 am

No you do not... there is indeed no demo because we could not make it technically at the time...and don't have the resources now...

However, we'll see if the new tool we have for the WW1 demo could be done and applied to GI...if so, why not...but at best end of Q1 2009 :(

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:17 am

OK. Looks worth the wait, like all your other games.

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 pm

As you can see by the dates, it's been a month and a half... do you guys have an ETA for the demo?

Flop
Major

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:08 pm

I think it might be a while, since they seem to be very busy with World War I. I don't really know, though. I suggest you read the AAR's by Alexander Seil, which imo are very good and give a little bit of insight into how the game works. You can find them here and here.

If you think it looks interesting, I suggest you just buy it, since it isn't that expensive anyway. Just be warned that it can be a bit overwhelming when you first start playing, since it can be hard to figure out exactly what you're supposed to be doing. If you give it a chance, though, and take your time to read the manual and read some of the posts on this board, it's actually a very, very good game.

Edit: if you decide to buy it, be sure to get the download version, since the latest patch can only be applied to that version.

Return to “Great Invasions”