soloswolf
General of the Army

[CSA WEST] Western CiC AAR

Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:25 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Mr. President: I have recieved your telegrams and I am elated that you have chosen me for such a prestigious posting. I will begin assembling my staff right away and report to the region with all haste.

I had hoped for my son to serve as one of my staff officers, but I am honored that you approved the transfer of his command to the 1st Kentucky, late of Fairfax, Va. If there is a post in your office he could fulfill, I know he would acquit himself admirably.

Do you know the disposition of the various commands in my department? I have sent word to General Polk to meet with the brigade commanders in his district, as well as to take stock of all supplies in theater. He is under instructions to maintain our lines until more men can be had. If you have any recomendations on who should recieve divisional command, I would be most anxious to hear your counsel.

Respectfully,

A.S. Johnston [/font]
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

soloswolf
General of the Army

Sat May 03, 2008 3:49 pm

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Dearest Eliza,

My men have done well to date. While I busy my days with organizing my staff, my officers (all excellent men, of the highest character) are liberating towns and cities and raising our young flag over their squares.

Reports from all points are full of verve and high hopes. I have tempered these emotions in my own staff, but fear that some on the front do not yet understand the trials that lay ahead. I will soon be departing for field service and while my letters will be infrequent, my thoughts will drift to you whenever fortune allows.

Keep me high in your prayers,
A.S.J.[/font]
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

soloswolf
General of the Army

Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:07 am

[font="Palatino Linotype"]General Johnston,

I have arrived with my aides at Nashville. The balance of my staff should be here in the coming weeks.

I would like to extend my thanks to you for your handling of the area since your arrival. The situation outside of Louisville is regretable, but I trust your reports and further, your judgement. While I wish there was another way, I do not see an alternative to you pulling back as far as Bowling Green. At the very least I am sure your colors and trains caused the Federals a few sleepless nights.

I will be riding for the front inside the next few hours. Report to me directly when your command reaches your old lines.

General A.S. Johnston[/font]
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

soloswolf
General of the Army

Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:14 am

[font="Palatino Linotype"]General Winder,

General Bragg is en route to your position. You are to serve as his Chief of Staff upon his arrival. He should be bearing word of the divisional staff you have been requesting.

What is the state of your men and equipage?

Regards,
General A.S. Johnston[/font]
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

soloswolf
General of the Army

Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:52 pm

-Journal Entry-[font="Palatino Linotype"]

I must strike soon.

The federals receive a flood of men each day, while I can find but a trickle. My scouts probe for weak points in their line, but there is little but gloomy news from those patrols.

The local papers have done admirable work keeping lively thoughts in the air and word of our movements out of the Federal camps. News from the East is Scant but what we do get is reflective of our situation here.

The men are in good spirits. Most have seen little to no action, but are as ready as drill and march can make them.

I must strike soon.[/font]
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

Return to “American Civil War, The Grand Campaign”