Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:30 pm

With regard to the commanders I propose this agreement among all of us.

The president will dictate who goes where...

But as to the formation of Corps and other Military matters. The CiC's will take care of that. Agreed?

The only appointment to which the President will have a say...are army commanders....IMHO this is the best way to most effeciently utilize the time we will have.

CiC's will not interfere with naval or economic matters except to make requests for support, or in some cases for control of certain naval assets.

Lastly, Mr. President,

When you say 45 foot battalions....do you mean 45 elements in game terms?

if you mean 45 brigades...I'd wager to say that, that is pretty wishful thinking.... :niark:

Just wanted to clear that up for myself there. Sorry.

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:08 pm

I was just provoking a debate around promoting as much 2* as posible... We will need them in 6 months... The most senior leaders must promote the firsts... its just that.

yes 45 "elements" it is. :niark: I believe even USA can t have 45 brigades! well perhaps in 1863 we will..

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:55 pm

IMHO

Regarding our limited ability to create a high number of divisions...I would like to present some factors IF in fact we gain 12 Corps eventually. Based on the 1.09e patch...(where rebs still only get 24 divisions)

We would have the ability to only field 2 divisions per Corps, and that does not include the likely 2 Cav. Divisions we will create...(with the arrival of Stuart and Forrest).

I know that for my particular command in the east...I will move for an historical approach...with my two best Corps commanders...(hopefully at some point that includes Longstreet) controlling multiple divisions each...possibly 4...and acting as the offensive wing of the army. With one other Corps acting as a defensive Wing....of significantly lighter strength.

I know that with this set-up, I will have a force that can pack a fierce punch anytime it decides to do so....and will do well to counter-act what I believe will eventually be a wealth of Union Corps...spreading themselves out to my front, attacking and defeating each of them seperately.

Visa Vi....My point...

Mr. President...all I will NEED...are 3 Corps Commanders in total. The rest can be sent elsewhere.

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:50 am

I believe 30 CSA divs are allowed in 109e... But yes we have too few divs.

We ll need if not corp commanders enough several division sized units, too much ineffective compared.

A brigade style corps can get perhaps 400 power, but is to be used in a flank, helped by a 4 "center" sized division march of the sound. So a group of corps divisions-0/4/0 can be in fact as effective in defense as a divisions-5/6/5...

I believe your asking for 3 corps in the early 61, sure 2 too much separated fronts will be opened in late 62, not sure how we can hold with 3 corps only... Well we will see.

My work and wish is having an army size more than 30 divisions in the 63. :siffle:

As you are going to be victorious in the early months :niark: . So we must prepare to have enough high ranked leaders to move it.

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:04 pm

Coregonas wrote:I believe 30 CSA divs are allowed in 109e... But yes we have too few divs.

We ll need if not corp commanders enough several division sized units, too much ineffective compared.

A brigade style corps can get perhaps 400 power, but is to be used in a flank, helped by a 4 "center" sized division march of the sound. So a group of corps divisions-0/4/0 can be in fact as effective in defense as a divisions-5/6/5...

I believe your asking for 3 corps in the early 61, sure 2 too much separated fronts will be opened in late 62, not sure how we can hold with 3 corps only... Well we will see.

My work and wish is having an army size more than 30 divisions in the 63. :siffle:

As you are going to be victorious in the early months :niark: . So we must prepare to have enough high ranked leaders to move it.

Of course if you'd like to give me more than 3 corps....I'll gladly accept. :sourcil:

I was just giving you the bare minimum. :siffle:

Just a little intel....If you fellas didn't know already. I think Jabberwock is one of the more successful players on this forum...he's the Union President, and I believe he knows quite a few gamey BS tricks....so watch out for this in the coming campaign. If his two teammates are at all as good as he, then we'll probably have our work cut out for us.

bombardero1
Major

Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:36 pm

sorry, error :bonk:

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:48 pm

Banks6060 wrote:

I think Jabberwock is one of the more successful players on this forum...he's the Union President---

Yes! He just won Runyan99 -the number one-on his own mod! Well mod is hard to the south, as delays a lot initial south punch.. but he lost!!!

So I truly believe we must do some basic thinks:
1.- Dont try to win in 2 months.
2.- Expect the war to be 4 years long
3.- Won is not going to be thanks to the military success, just to a good economy effort, supported by no mistakes in the military area. In my thousand and one games played I ve never winned a game without a good economy running. So this is the priority I believe we must follow. A big Army, created by a good construction pattern, avoiding rigid "historic" gaming, and pretty units.
4.- We ll need a lot of 2* (every one of our future 4 armies is to be supported by 3 extra corps) to stop Jabber launching assaults from 20 directions, as he surely will do once or later.

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:59 pm

Coregonas wrote:Yes! He just won Runyan99 -the number one-on his own mod! Well mod is hard to the south, as delays a lot initial south punch.. but he lost!!!

So I truly believe we must do some basic thinks:
1.- Dont try to win in 2 months.
2.- Expect the war to be 4 years long
3.- Won is not going to be thanks to the military success, just to a good economy effort, supported by no mistakes in the military area. In my thousand and one games played I ve never winned a game without a good economy running. So this is the priority I believe we must follow. A big Army, created by a good construction pattern, avoiding rigid "historic" gaming, and pretty units.
4.- We ll need a lot of 2* (every one of our future 4 armies is to be supported by 3 extra corps) to stop Jabber launching assaults from 20 directions, as he surely will do once or later.

We'll just have to hope that communication and deriliction of duty interfere in Jabber's overall plan...by both is human AND virtual generals.... :sourcil:

Return to “American Civil War, The Grand Campaign”