Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:58 pm

I ve just installed a full 109e game in a new directory, so I can follow on also my current leader mod PBEM game, in case finally I join the ranks!

Well I ve read most of 1st G.C. AARs and seems very pretty... I remember I m not english -fluent... (i.e. I can not understand easily an english joke...) I believe my history thread should be less flavoured... and just could look as telegraph-mode...

About "house" rules... I did not found a thread about this. Will one be started?

I ve read some house rule proposals in 1st GC (for instance --- not single militia raids) but If starting on 61 games this can limit too much action, as not enough leaders are operative until a few turns go. If playing first turn April Campaign... What player does not go for a easy ungarrisoned Norfolk with a Virginia Ironclad inside? Or send Polk to the ANV and Stonewall to Kentucky? Lee did not want to go out of Virginia, but we players send him to the Missisipi if needed!

Rafiki

Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:19 pm

Coregonas wrote:I ve just installed a full 109e game in a new directory, so I can follow on also my current leader mod PBEM game, in case finally I join the ranks!
I'm not quite sure I understand you here; are you saying that you have installed the leader mod as well, in addition to the 1.09e patch?
Coregonas wrote:Well I ve read most of 1st G.C. AARs and seems very pretty... I remember I m not english -fluent... (i.e. I can not understand easily an english joke...) I believe my history thread should be less flavoured... and just could look as telegraph-mode...

It's entirely up to you what you want to make of your AAR. Don't let the language thingy bother you; I've enjoyed immensely AARs written by people with a lot worse English skills than you have :)
Coregonas wrote:About "house" rules... I did not found a thread about this. Will one be started?
Once we start sorting out the teams, we'll also establish which house rules should apply to the campaign. I.e. players provide input, I decide if there are disagreements.
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:15 pm

Rafiki wrote:I'm not quite sure I understand you here; are you saying that you have installed the leader mod as well, in addition to the 1.09e patch?

Sorry I mean I have now 2 FULL games installed, one 109d with leader mod (my current PBEM), another one vanilla 109e (the one for the G.C.).

Rafiki

Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:16 pm

Good one, then you should be all set to go :)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:31 pm

OK, time to get this going :) Here are the wishes I have registered:

[INDENT][color="Blue"]Union[/color]
President: Jabberwock
CiC East: johnnycai, Banks6060, AndrewKurtz
CiC West: johnnycai, AndrewKurtz
Journalist: DirkX

[color="Red"]CSA[/color]
President: Jabberwock, Coregonas
CiC East: Banks6060, (AndrewKurtz)
CiC West: soloswolf, (AndrewKurtz)
Journalist: DirkX

[color="Purple"]Neutral[/color]
Observer: jimwinsor[/INDENT]

Doing a quick distribution based on the above, assuming that those listed multiple places are equally OK with all, accomodating those that have single posts listed and letting the rest cascade from that (*breathes in*), I suggest the following:

[INDENT][color="Blue"]Union[/color]
  • President: Jabberwock
  • CiC East: johnnycai or AndrewKurtz
  • CiC West: AndrewKurtz or johnnycai
  • Journalist: DirkX?
[color="Red"]CSA[/color]
  • President: Coregonas
  • CiC East: Banks6060
  • CiC West: soloswolf
  • Journalist: DirkX?
[color="Purple"]Neutral[/color]
  • Observer: jimwinsor
[/INDENT]

Andrew and Johnny can decide among themselves who goes east and who goes west, while Dirk decides whether he wants to go north or south. What say you?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Which scenario? Results! A decision!

Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:43 pm

When counting the votes of actual participants in the campaign ( :p ;) ), the totals are:
  • Apr '61: 5
  • Jul '61: 4

Seeing as there is basically equal interest among the players for both of the campaigns, and given arguments presented by various people against an April '61 start, we'll use the July 1861 scenario. It'll still make for a smooth start for everyone involved, I think, while getting everyone involved, as well as give some food for the AARs right from the start :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

soloswolf
General of the Army

Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Sounds great!

Will you start the threads for the various AAR's/War Rooms, etc?
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

Rafiki

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:28 pm

Nope, that's for the writAARs and the presidents to do :cwboy:

I will, however, soon start a thread about the house rules we/you should observe in the campaign :)

I'll need the e-mail addresses of everyone involved. Please notify me by PM which address you wish to use.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

DirkX
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:37 pm

i ll take the south then.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"

Rafiki

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:47 pm

DirkX wrote:i ll take the south then.

Donning the grey, eh? :dada:

You'll receive the turn- and order-files just like the other players on your team. What you make of it is entirely up to you; report events as they unfurl? Interview generals or presidents? Perhaps try to plant some misinformation for the Yankees to read? :sourcil:

Your AAR ("Newspaper", if you like?) will in any case be open for everyone to read :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

AndrewKurtz

Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:57 am

Rafiki wrote:Andrew and Johnny can decide among themselves who goes east and who goes west, while Dirk decides whether he wants to go north or south. What say you?

I defer to Johnny (edited)...until tomorrow. Then I'll pick :niark:

johnnycai
Major

Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:47 pm

AndrewKurtz wrote:I defer to Johnny (edited)...until tomorrow. Then I'll pick :niark:

Haha, I was gonna defer to you Andrew. If I have to...I will choose the West.
Where is the partition between East/West, the Kentucky/Ohio border? Cincinnati is East or West?

Ready to go here Abe! :niark:

Rafiki

Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:42 pm

johnnycai wrote:Haha, I was gonna defer to you Andrew. If I have to...I will choose the West.
Where is the partition between East/West, the Kentucky/Ohio border? Cincinnati is East or West?

Start a [UNION]-thread for pre-game coordination (like the CSA has done). Dont' give the CSA any intel on what you wish to do! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

soloswolf
General of the Army

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:08 pm

Where is that CSA thread?
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

Rafiki

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:32 pm

In this forum, but you should stay away from it. :king:

Let's make sure that we have a consistent system for tagging threads, so as to avoid any unfortunate incidents:

[OPEN] - Open for all players
[UNION] - Open for Union players, CSA players should not access these threads
[CSA] - Open for CSA players, USA players should not access these threads
[OBSERVER] - Jim's thread (when it gets created), no players should access it.

Threads tagged with a specific role (e.g. "[UNION PRESIDENT]") are open for that player only, no other players should access it. I've moved your post in Jabber's thread into a [UNION]-thread of it's own :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

soloswolf
General of the Army

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:36 pm

I am CiC West for the CSA. And confused... Where are they?
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

soloswolf
General of the Army

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:37 pm

Found, my bad.
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

Rafiki

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:38 pm

Ah, sorry, my bad; I was jumping back and forth between threads and got names mixed up; won't happen again. :bonk:

Pre-game CSA discussions can be found at http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8486

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

soloswolf
General of the Army

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:40 pm

Can we read the observers thread? Or just the two newspapers?
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:44 pm

soloswolf wrote:Can we read the observers thread? Or just the two newspapers?

[OBSERVER] - Jim's thread (when it gets created), no players should access it.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE="1"](Click HERE for AAR)[/size][/CENTER]

soloswolf
General of the Army

Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:08 pm

So, I have clearance for my own thread, the CSA War Room, the two newspapers and our pre-game thread, right?
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

Rafiki

Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:32 am

Indeed. But you can read Dirk's newspaper when it gets published :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:00 am

I'm travelling to southern Croatia next week (Dubrovnik, to be specific), so I intend to start the first turn as soon as I get back, i.e. on Saturday (Apr 19th).

In the meantime, make sure that I have your e-mail address and I also suggest that everyone gets their AAR started, so that things are ready once we get rolling with the game itself! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Dundee
Conscript

Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:39 am

:dada: Dear Sir

Being of questionable heritage and a greenhorn in this particular field of battle I do believe I am the perfect candidate for command of a Union Corps. My experience in battle techniques from the past, present and future will stand me in good stead in service of the Union as well as a terror to all rebel malingerers and malcontents.

Union Forever

Your Diligent Servant
Major Dundee (brevet)

Perfection is Entropy
:dada:

Jabberwock

Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:45 am

Ain't entropy great?

Dundee, would you consider signing on as our minister of propaganda and disinformation?
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

Dundee
Conscript

Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:27 am

Dear Sir

Such a position is only to be considered by the lowest form of ruffian and scoundrel, one who's villainous predilections are an outrage to polite society. Such a personage would have to be familiar with the darkly seedy, olfactory repugnant and generally a "Ner' do well". As man of questionable character I am of course at your service.

I shall endeavor to inflict upon the rebels such a case of Melancholia that they should quiver in their commodes before facing the righteous wrath of the glorious Union Legions!

Be it with a poisoned pen or cold steel in hand I stand ready serve.

Your Servant
Dundee

Jabberwock

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:31 pm

I IM'd Rafiki - He hasn't visited the forums in a few days. I'll let him make it official when he gets back.

Meantime, welcome!

Dundee
Conscript

a few questions

Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:03 pm

I got the newspaper attachments but I have a few questions about the information sources and the distribution method and schedule. Essentially what are the sources and where/when would I post.

I also am a avid history buff and have a few ideas but I'm curious if any information I disseminate will have any impact on the game or is it just poetic fluff.

Dundee

Jabberwock

Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Dundee wrote:I got the newspaper attachments but I have a few questions about the information sources and the distribution method and schedule. Essentially what are the sources and where/when would I post.

I also am a avid history buff and have a few ideas but I'm curious if any information I disseminate will have any impact on the game or is it just poetic fluff.

Dundee

For posting, you would start a new thread in this forum, with the tag [NEWSPAPER] and then whatever creative name you want to use for a title.

As far as sources, you will get the turn files, and you are invited to read my thread (but not the pre-game or the telegraph office) as long as you don't give away any state secrets. I'll be careful what I put there. Or you may want to start a second thread for us to 'leak' information to you (tag it [UNION REPORTER] or some such). I don't know if you are supposed to read the generals' or the observer's threads. Mostly just publish results and commentary on results. I've posted a manifesto in my thread you can put in your first edition.

Everyone gets to read both newspapers, anything you publish can affect the game, so if you have a question about whether to publish something, don't hesitate to ask.

EDIT: Rafiki - Reading back further, should I not have invited him to read my thread?

MkollCSA
Corporal

Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:18 pm

is there still room to get in on this campaign? i am most ready to serve the confederacy in any capacity that i can....if not then can i get a seat in for the next one?

Return to “American Civil War, The Grand Campaign”