Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:01 pm

I can't believe the USA team has had any problems with mis-communication...your number of posts in your respective war room eclipses ours :) .

I think the whole idea behind the war room is very good, and the role playing a very nice touch. I think if there IS one thing I'd do a little differently...is allow present day "game" jargan to be transferred in the war room...

I know there are some times where the message doesn't always come through when you're trying to emulate what someone from that period might have written. Technicalities would be a good example. There are some very technical game concepts and rules that are extremely difficult to translate to "real world" conversation.

Then let the AAR's be the creative pieces...

I'm just throwing things off the top of my head though...Perhaps it is inappropriate...but I figured that since we've kinda opened that subject a bit...I could go there.

Jabberwock

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:13 pm

Banks6060 wrote:I know there are some times where the message doesn't always come through when you're trying to emulate what someone from that period might have written. Technicalities would be a good example. There are some very technical game concepts and rules that are extremely difficult to translate to "real world" conversation.

This accounts for a few of the large number of posts. It also accounts for the wordiness of some of those posts.
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

AndrewKurtz

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Jabberwock wrote:1. If my suggestions in the War Room were heeded, I wouldn't have to repeat them.

Jabber...point of reference. Orders are to be heeded, not suggestions. Sounds like you might be trying to mask orders in a nicer term :siffle: :niark:

Jabberwock

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:45 pm

If they were orders, I definitely wouldn't need to repeat them. How about:

When my suggestions get ignored, I repeat them later. This also accounts for a large number of the posts in the War Room. :siffle: :niark: :innocent:

AndrewKurtz

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:47 pm

Jabberwock wrote:If they were orders, I definitely wouldn't need to repeat them.

Actually, you probably still would have to do so :nuts:

AndrewKurtz

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:47 pm

Banks6060 wrote:I can't believe the USA team has had any problems with mis-communication...your number of posts in your respective war room eclipses ours :) .

Ah...that's mostly just the President talking and we ignore those :niark: :niark: :king: :niark:

Jabberwock

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:51 pm

AndrewKurtz wrote:Ah...that's mostly just the President talking and we ignore those :niark: :niark: :king: :niark:

well put :hat:

Andrew - 1
Jabber - 0
:p leure:

Rafiki

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Any problems the Union is experiencing in its chain of command will have to be resolved in-character in the Union's war room, not through gamer discussion in this metathread :king:
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

AndrewKurtz

Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:16 am

Rafiki wrote:Any problems the Union is experiencing in its chain of command will have to be resolved in-character in the Union's war room, not through gamer discussion in this metathread :king:

Good news...at least from my standpoint. We've just been joking around about past issues here.

soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:48 pm

Jabberwock wrote:A few more points, soundoff.

The one thing I would freely admit, which was why I was so reluctant to post on this particular forum, is that from where I'm sitting its damned easy to be critical of you guys....were I to be in your shoes could I do as well, let alone as good or better :tournepas :tournepas

Rafiki

Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:26 pm

Union is IN (since this morning, in fact). How go things for the CSA?

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:28 am

slowly...I'm also leaving on vacation for 4 days. Sorry...someone can move my pieces around for me if they want.

Jabberwock

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:02 am

Banks6060 wrote:slowly...I'm also leaving on vacation for 4 days. Sorry...someone can move my pieces around for me if they want.

Sure, no problem. Send over a turn file along with any orders that are already done, and a copy of your war room (Since I promised not to look at the original). :niark:

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:16 am

My orders were sent around a week ago or so, (At least I believe to have sent them ...) Its a difficult month... most of us seem to be somewhat out of our normal routines

The last info reported are that of the war room, and now this last a couple days ago from Banks.

Perhaps we should wait a bit for Banks coming back... In the meanwhile, Solo could do his orders and send to us.

We were initially doing the orders in a Pres-East-West routine...

mmmh Jabber... If you feels like you need a copy of our orders, seems this is due to his desesperate position in all the fronts... :niark:

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:33 am

Rafiki wrote:Any problems the Union is experiencing in its chain of command will have to be resolved in-character in the Union's war room, not through gamer discussion in this metathread :king:

The game is too much difficult, due to its enormity. It has a lot of small details, combined with a lot of elements... that makes for an exponential combination. And it is clear every on of us plays in a totally different way.

We are experiencing exactly the same kind of problems you are reporting... and that Banks was explaining...

After reading the last posts, I want to say there is no place to comment some of those questions Jabber exposes.

for instance...iIf a especific click (for reporting an "order") is not done, I have not the freedom /skill / time /... to clearly report.

I dont know if the order has been simply skipped. I dont know if it is me, that very badly explained the order... and so on.

Fortunately for us CSA players, we are on the defensive...Seems clear that on the average, it is a lot easier to under-perform on the attack with several hands moving the whole army instead of 1.

Rafiki

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:58 am

In an ordinary 1 vs 1 PBEM, such "mis-clicks" would go right through and the consequences would have to be suffered. If the others aren't able to address it in "game-speak", I have no problems with it going through. After all, if the game was played to perfection, it would be less interesting than when mistakes have happened and the opponents scramble to rectify or take advantage of it :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Jabberwock

Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Coregonas wrote:Perhaps we should wait a bit for Banks coming back... In the meanwhile, Solo could do his orders and send to us.

I believe Banks should be back tonight.

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:39 am

Alright...my orders are sent finally. by the way...don't ever train for sailing with Superior Charters in Bayfield Wisconsin....they sucked. just a note.

@Jabber...
you...won't believe it...but I nearly sent you my orders...ok I didn't, but I...thought about it for a second. You're a pretty persuasive dude...yanno :niark:

Rafiki

Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:56 am

Dang! My Windows machines are all offline; I hope to get at least one fixed sufficiently to resolve the turn, but it might take a while (guesstimate: a week or so) :p leure:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:36 pm

Finally all of us have done our orders. Tomorrow I ll send the file to Rafiki.

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:23 pm

File for process orders was sent yesterday night ... with title RE: GC Orders.

It is the same file Aaron sent a day ago...

Rafiki

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:43 pm

Indeed, both sides's orders are in; now I just have to find a machine to process the turn on :wacko:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:59 pm

I remember Jabber volunteered some time ago to process himself the turn.... :D

:coeurs:

Jabberwock

Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:14 pm

Speaking of, can Korrigan (or some other volunteer) run this one if it will get it done two days sooner?

Rafiki

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:13 pm

If it comes to that, I will make sure to radio for backup :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:12 pm

*Finally* gotten the turn resolved; my apologies for the delay :(

Note that we're patching up to 1.11a now :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

soloswolf
General of the Army

Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:50 am

Did this turn get sent out?
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Suggested Orders?!

Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:55 am

Lee used to be known to suggest thus and such to his generals. Most of the time they knew to obey them, sometimes they didn't. Could be a problem in this game trying to figure out the rules? The current ones? T :bonk:

Rafiki

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:13 am

soloswolf wrote:Did this turn get sent out?

Yes. I got a copy to myself, so it went through the mail systems as it was supposed to. Sent to the usual address :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

soloswolf
General of the Army

Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:32 pm

While I am sure I would get it eventually from my team, could you send it to me again. I never got it.

Thanks!
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

Return to “American Civil War, The Grand Campaign”