Duane Troy
Conscript

Wed May 07, 2008 10:35 pm

I really enjhoyed the comments from the first attempt. I"m a retired Army Leautant Colonel and really enjoy this game. I'm interested in playing on the Confederate side. I have lots of free time and can play a rather fast pace game if needed.
:dada: Duane Troy
Riverside, CA[email="trowdd4561@earthlink.net"]trowdd4561@earthlink.net[/email]

Jabberwock

Thu May 08, 2008 12:05 am

BTW - Scott (my obnoxiously micromanaging persona) retires eventually. This is planned.
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

Lonster
Corporal

one request

Thu May 08, 2008 5:11 am

Great job guys. I am really looking forward to seeing how this Campaign plays out.

One request: could every one please submit "something" each turn. Even if not much is happening (maybe a letter home to the missus), or you could share your ideas of what you would like to do down the road. If there is lots of action then you may have to cut back on the future strategies ramblings, but it would be nice to get something from each player each turn.

As much as I want to see new turns, I would rather have a longer time between turns if it meant that each person could post their thoughts. It seems last time around there were some commanders that we never heard from.....and so we lost out on that little bit of "history".

Thanks for your time and being willing to play this out in front of the gallery, and letting the world see your acts of brilliance :king: and then the acts that are not-quite-so-brilliant :nuts: (we are all going to have some of each)

Rafiki

Thu May 08, 2008 8:50 am

[SIZE="3"][font="Fixedsys"]"Gamemaster General's warning: falling asleep at your computer can be detrimental to your turn resolution!"[/font][/size]

Easily resolved when I woke again though :niark: Turn resolved and new trn-files sent out to the players.
Jabberwock wrote:BTW - Scott (my obnoxiously micromanaging persona) retires eventually. This is planned.

:D
Lonster wrote:One request: could every one please submit "something" each turn. Even if not much is happening (maybe a letter home to the missus), or you could share your ideas of what you would like to do down the road. If there is lots of action then you may have to cut back on the future strategies ramblings, but it would be nice to get something from each player each turn.

I'll humbly second this request, though my record from the previous GC reveals that I'm quite familiar with the challenge of keeping an updated AAR ( :p leure :) .

If there's anything I can do to help you in maintaining a personal AAR over what you do, what you think, etc., by all means, let me know :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Thu May 08, 2008 7:12 pm

Well credit where credit is due....excellent roleplaying Jabber...first class. I know how difficult it is. If you can keep up even half this standard for the duration of the campaign .....my :hat: off to you sir.

Lonster
Corporal

Fri May 09, 2008 12:19 pm

I guess I am a little confused on the roles that are being played out.....because I would have thought that regional commanders would be in charge of troops in their areas, and Presidents would be in charge of "national" things (economy, purchasing, and politics) and naval operations.

It would seem like things will get bogged if the regional commanders have to ask for the release of each unit. Maybe this is an aspect of the role-playing (Lincoln/Jefferson trying to run things and then the generals doing what they want). Or from reading earlier post, maybe this is just a role-play of Gen Scott still trying to play field commander....am I getting any warmer :tournepas

Not a complaint per se, just a bit of confusion on who is responsible for what. :8o: Maybe you guys have it all worked out, but from the gallery it looks a little strange. Keep up the great work.

As a side note, you guys have inspired me to break out Shelby Foote's Civil War: Narrative.......I was just transitioning from Vol 1 to 2 when I last lost steam....but now you have stoked the boilers again. :niark:

Thanks

Rafiki

Fri May 09, 2008 12:44 pm

Lonster wrote:Not a complaint per se, just a bit of confusion on who is responsible for what. :8o:
This is a central aspect of what the Grand Campaign is about; sorting out who does what and under which conditions.

(But let's not reveal intelligence that the Rebels can make use of, shall we? ;) )

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

AndrewKurtz

Fri May 09, 2008 2:56 pm

Lonster wrote:I guess I am a little confused on the roles that are being played out.....because I would have thought that regional commanders would be in charge of troops in their areas, and Presidents would be in charge of "national" things (economy, purchasing, and politics) and naval operations.

It would seem like things will get bogged if the regional commanders have to ask for the release of each unit. Maybe this is an aspect of the role-playing (Lincoln/Jefferson trying to run things and then the generals doing what they want). Or from reading earlier post, maybe this is just a role-play of Gen Scott still trying to play field commander....am I getting any warmer :tournepas

Not a complaint per se, just a bit of confusion on who is responsible for what. :8o: Maybe you guys have it all worked out, but from the gallery it looks a little strange. Keep up the great work.

As a side note, you guys have inspired me to break out Shelby Foote's Civil War: Narrative.......I was just transitioning from Vol 1 to 2 when I last lost steam....but now you have stoked the boilers again. :niark:

Thanks

Beauty is, as CiC East, I can and will periodically ignore suggestions or execute my way towards an agreed goal. However, if I receive a direct order, I will comply and let my superior take the blame should it fail :)

Jabberwock

Fri May 09, 2008 5:43 pm

AndrewKurtz wrote:Beauty is, as CiC East, I can and will periodically ignore suggestions or execute my way towards an agreed goal. However, if I receive a direct order, I will comply and let my superior take the blame should it fail :)

This is absolutely as it should be. This issue is part roleplaying (the CinC East deals with constant badgering and second-guessing from "superiors" who can take a short buggy or train ride to see the troop dispositions for themselves, or who receive out-of-channel reports from the field), part figuring out what needs to be communicated prior to orders being placed and how to communicate it, and part figuring out how we will coordinate certain planned operations.

I'm sure Andrew is glad that I didn't choose Senator Wade as my persona for this. I'm sure we are both glad we don't have a reporter right now ... for slightly different reasons. We don't have it all worked out. The roleplay is developing naturally. I am not giving him direct orders for troop dispositions. He is in charge of that. I am giving him a very hard time. I hope he has a sense of humor about it. I'm sure he will be glad to get away from Washington and into the field when the appropriate time comes.

Lonster
Corporal

Sat May 10, 2008 1:05 am

Jabberwock wrote:This is absolutely as it should be. This issue is part roleplaying (the CinC East deals with constant badgering and second-guessing from "superiors" who can take a short buggy or train ride to see the troop dispositions for themselves, or who receive out-of-channel reports from the field), part figuring out what needs to be communicated prior to orders being placed and how to communicate it, and part figuring out how we will coordinate certain planned operations.

Thanks for the explanation. I hadn't realized that you had stepped so deeply into character :king: ......and then after I had posted, I read your early posting about Scott playing more of a meddlesome role.

Good stuff :cwboy:

Jabberwock

Mon May 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Apparently, I am giving direct orders in certain situations.

Rafiki

Tue May 13, 2008 12:06 am

Union orders are IN, but I have a concern about the CSA orders which stops me from processing the turn. Mail sent to the CSA players about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue May 13, 2008 7:32 pm

Sorry but one of our main generals is under promotion... :niark:

I ll try to review turn as fast as posible...

Lonster
Corporal

Love/Hate

Wed May 14, 2008 5:32 am

Ah....the Grand Campaign.......it brings me back to the ol' Love/Hate relationship

Love: I love hearing the ideas/strategies/reports of the various campaigners. This is one area where Athena is still pretty weak....she just plain falls short in the composing of good AAR's :innocent:

Hate: Since I am pretty much addicted to the various reports.....I hate when I compulsively check back every hour and there is no new news. :grr:
One of the hassles of a liking a great thing. I would hope that it would teach me some patience....but not much progress so far. :siffle:

Jia you (Chinese for "add oil", as in add oil to the fire to make it hotter...often said as "encouragement" to your favorite sports team to fire them up)

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu May 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Hi sorry for the delay, a couple days without time enough...

Rafiki, we did sent to you ORD File a couple days ago (but not by me, I just told him in a mail to use last player file),

I am sending again the file now.

Rafiki

Thu May 15, 2008 9:47 pm

I'll resolve later tonight (i.e. not long from now) :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Thu May 15, 2008 11:37 pm

Turn resolved and files sent out to players. Not too eventful, but it is starting to get interesting :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Sun May 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Given the bugs it fixes, I'd like to switch to 1.10a for turn resolution, but the agreement beforehand was for everyone to only switch immediately after turn resolution. What do you think of it?

(If none of the players have any concerns and at least the president on each team OK it, I'll go ahead and use 1.10a)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Jabberwock

Sun May 18, 2008 10:05 pm

I'd be fine with switching, but I think CinCs opinions are more important than mine for this.

Rafiki

Sun May 18, 2008 10:09 pm

Sure, but you're their boss, and therefore considered eligible to call shots in their perceived absence ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

AndrewKurtz

Sun May 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Jabberwock wrote:I'd be fine with switching, but I think CinCs opinions are more important than mine for this.

Fine here.

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 19, 2008 2:56 pm

So we should upgrade to 110a after doing orders?

I believe it is not too much important, we have done part of it under 110...

Rafiki

Mon May 19, 2008 5:15 pm

OK, then the turn will be resolved with 1.10, and we'll move to 1.10a immediately thereafter :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Wed May 21, 2008 7:02 pm

uhhh....bad deal here. I upgraded to 1.10a because of one of my other PBEM's....I hop I don't screw the pooch here, but honestly it would kinda suck to have to go hunt down 1.10 again and then reinstall the game...I'd lose my other games.

I'm sorry I caught onto this discussion late. I'll check back into this thread slightly more often :bonk:

Rafiki

Wed May 21, 2008 7:20 pm

The main difference is which patch is being use for the turn resolution, and the impact of orders being placed in 1.10a while the turn is being processed in 1.10 should be negligible.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Thu May 22, 2008 10:49 am

Rafiki wrote:The main difference is which patch is being use for the turn resolution, and the impact of orders being placed in 1.10a while the turn is being processed in 1.10 should be negligible.

Yeah, that's kinda my point though. I've gotta adjust some of my orders. I guess I'll just ask my team-mate to do it?

Rafiki

Thu May 22, 2008 10:58 am

We're still waiting for Soloswolf to check back in after his [S]damnation[/S] wedding, so you have time to do it yourself. :)

Instructing/asking team-mates to redo your orders outside the limitations of the in-chacter exchanges in the war rooms is generally a big no-no, BTW ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 23, 2008 10:42 pm

Soloswolf finally came back, and with renoved energy :niark: !

I ll check in a few hours war room.... hope tomorrow turn be ready

AndrewKurtz

Sat May 24, 2008 4:56 pm

At this pace, anyone calculated when we'll be finished?

Banks6060
AGEod Veteran

Sat May 24, 2008 5:00 pm

AndrewKurtz wrote:At this pace, anyone calculated when we'll be finished?

lol...you had to have known what you were getting yourself into here :niark:

It'll probably be a couple of years. :king:

Return to “American Civil War, The Grand Campaign”