Johnny Canuck

Oddity with Fort Sumter Reinforcements

Tue May 22, 2007 6:53 am

I have started a new game with the 1.03 Release Candidate 1 patch (Monday's) as the CSA in the April 1861 campaign, & had something odd occur at Fort Sumter. In early April, I moved my South Carolina force to Sumter & attacked as usual, destroying the lone artillery unit. In late April, I moved the force back to Charleston, leaving one CSA artillery unit (to be merged with the free garrison unit that will later appear). In early May, though, I noticed that a Union brigade had appeared beseiging Fort Sumter. The Union brigade is labelled 'Sumter Reinforcements', which makes me suspect that something went wrong with the Reinforcement of Sumter event, since I controlled Fort Sumter for the late April turn when the event would have triggered (I am positive the 'Sumter Reinforcements' brigade was not present at the start of the late April turn).

PhilThib

Tue May 22, 2007 8:56 am

Well, it's not really 'worng'...the Union Sumter event probably triggered during the first turn and was executed on the start of the game's second turn..hence the Union brigade besieging the fort...(consider the expedition was on her way at sea and not 'informed' of the fort fall :sourcil: )

Trick: stay in Sumter at least 1 full month to repulse any invasion :indien:

Johnny Canuck

Tue May 22, 2007 4:00 pm

Hehe, makes sense - I'll just have to march the force back to 're-liberate' Sumter. Thanks for the quick explanation. :)

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”