Walloc
Lieutenant Colonel

Trent Affair, Union apologizes

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:10 pm

According to the text the apology its suppose to decrease risk of war. U gain +5 Foreign affair. I assume if the text is right u should gain negative 5, making war further away not closer. Tested and find that indeed u gain 5 to get closer to war. Going from +6 to +11.
This is a US side event.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

ussdefiant
Corporal

Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:12 pm

There was still a small rise in tensions that the incident even occured in the first place. PLenty of of British politicos and papers saying that they should not stand for such treatment of British ships no matter if the US apoligizes or not.

Walloc
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:58 pm

yes, and the event is scripted in two parts. The first is the actual seizure. U gain as per the text tention there, which is fine.

The 2nd part of the event and the one im talking about is the apology part.
It says in text that the tension is lowered / risk of war is the wording IIRC, by the apology, but in fact you gain tension there too. The tool tip is +5 too, which is opposite of the text of the event as i understand it.
Any how im pointing this out not to discuss the "correctness" of the events just that the text and actual gains dont match.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

PhilThib

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:10 am

I'll probably have to revise some of the texts...the point is indeed that some tension is gained (+5), but much less than if no applogy was issued (+35)...this is what happened hisotircally, a bit of tension on the moment, then the whole matter was dumped... :indien:

Walloc
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:41 am

Ok, :-)

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”