General Disaster
Civilian

Colonel level Athena

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Colonel level against Athena I like the idea of giving the AI a recruitment and combat boost to make the game more challenging. However the movement boost is completely unrealistic. In my current game the AI marched a 30K+ army from somewhere south of Fredericksburg all the way to Baltimore in 8 days. I had forces in Alexandria Washington Baltimore and Annapolis in its route so the rebs fought 3 battles as well as crossing 3 rivers in early November in 8 days. This is a)Impossible and b)stupid as no doubt Richmond is completely undefended and I may be able to win in 2 more moves.

I lke Ageod games for their realistic strategy but it seems when you increase the difficulty it just becomes silly.

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:50 pm

That's the reason I don't play on Colonel. The movement bonus is too high.

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:39 pm

I agree. Therefore, I usually play on lieutenant level but using the options to improve the performance of the AI, such as detection bonus, activation bonus and give AI more time. ;)
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pocus

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:42 pm

err, Colonel level is +20% move speed... This don't strike me as an insane move speed bonus. A strong one, perhaps but nothing that impossible. Just consider they succeed quite often in forced marching. Plus, the AI has been revised to never get a combat bonus ... Just so you wonder if it has some or not.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”