Wraith
Sergeant

Bombardment Casualties

Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:43 pm

So this has driven me up the wall for the two games that I've had this happen in:

Can we have the dialogue box report when artillery that is bombarding/gets bombarded and is destroyed? I had the guns in Norfolk bombing out into the James, and a USN fleet sailed by and get completely destroyed, but it didn't tell me about it.

Captain_Orso

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:35 am

AACW has reached the end of it's development. Barring a very glaring bug there will be neither updates nor patches for it unless the Devs suddenly run into a large amount of time on their hand; which is far from likely.

But to your bombardment casualties, you should be getting a bombardment report during the turn resolution which only consists of the game focusing on the regions in which the fleet a bombarding artillery are located, with the bombardment sound track played and the bombardment icon appearing momentarily.

After the turn resolution you will have a report in the Mail Box stating either that Fleet-What-Ever bombarded your units in a named location achieving x hits and receiving y hits in return or the other way around, depending on whether it was your fleet bombarding or your land unit. This report is the indicator for you to look at you bombarding units in the reported location to check their status.

There has never been a report of ships nor units lost through bombardment and at this late date there won't be either.

Pocus

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:38 am

I could not have said that better!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”