lodilefty

AACW {public beta} patch 1.16 Release Candidate 6 - November 23, 2011

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:01 pm

And again. (In case the NFL games are not interesting ;) )

<link removed>

he AGEOD team recognize the enormous number of volunteer hours spent improving the Rail network accuracy, addition of new regions to enhance historical play, creation and adaptation of the "Kentucky Mods" to give a different "feel" to the start of the war, numerous other fixes and enhancements by various modders to the Database, and public beta testing of new executables and changes. Without the efforts of the community, AACW would not be as complete as it is today. We all know games are never perfect or can ever be considered as finished, but help and implication of our fan base always leads to a better product, and, once again, THANK YOU ALL!

Effective with patch 1.16 [RC5]

Explanation of the “Raise Rule” applied when buying new units or when the annual Militia muster occurs:
  • $recWSU: Only raise in a region that is producing War Supply.
    • All field Artillery (separate units) Units with “imbedded artillery” do not require WSU in region.
    • This is WAD: KS, TX, MS, MO, AR require Industrialization to build artillery
  • $recTown and $recCity use different probability on which city the unit gets built in Area (recCity squares the size of city) , so a bigger city is more likely to be chosen as build site.
  • $recHarbor and $recHarborWSU add to these the requirment of a port
    • $recHarborWSU: Coastal and Fort Batteries, Ironclads, Monitors, Steam Frigates, Armored Frigates
  • $RecCap will only allow build in your Capital
    • Army HQ Units
  • $RecObj will only allow build in a controlled Objective
    • Signal, Medical, Engineer, Naval Engineer, Baloons
  • For all cases you need >=50% MC to build (and MC increases slowly with only small units in a newly captured region)
  • For all cases you need >=25% loyalty to build in a region
Example: if you are raising a unit in Missouri, you'll need at least 1 city with >50% MC and >25% Loyalty for the unit to appear. Additionally, you'll need a region with these values that produces WSU to build Artillery.

Modification of the Maximum Quantity of Divisions that can be formed.

1. Open Windows Explore
  2. Navigate to your installation directory ( default: AGEod's American Civil War)
  3. Navigate to \ACW\Events
  4. Using NotePad or some other text editor, open the event file with the same name as the scenario you wish to change. (ex: 1861 April w-KY Campaign.sct)
  5. Search the file for evt_nam_CSA_DivisionFormation
  6. Edit the last number in the line SetCombiUnits = 0;0;30 to the new value. (max 999)
  7. Search the file for evt_nam_USA_DivisionFormation
  8. Edit the last number in the line SetCombiUnits = 0;0;60to the new value. (max 999)
  9. Save the file and close the editor.

================================================== ========================
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.16 Release Candidate 6
November 23, 2011
================================================== ========================

The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version.
  • Reworked Semmes and CSS Alabama events to prevent demotion or resurrection of Semmes
  • Added Siege parameters to GameLogic.opt (used RoP settings)
  • Changed ''War Order Number Two'' to require 48 Regiments (elements) near Washington, vs old requirement of 12 Units. Also, the requirement must be met only after the warning event occurs.
  • Destruction of RailRoads is no longer automatic:
    • A check is made of D100 <{less than} Stack Strength. +25 to stack strength if attribute “*pillage*” is applied to model
    • All Partisans, Indians, BushWhackers, Raiders, Guerillas and Bandidos now have “*NoCapture*|*pillage*” attributes. (All show the Pillager ability icon)
    • Day of destruction is random. Not always day 1, so if you give a move command, the unit may move away before destruction occurs.
  • Complete overhaul of Foreign Intervention events. Deprecated script commands combined with the new “Stack Name” system caused bugs.
  • Increased probability of capture for Rodman and Columbiad Artillery.
  • Seniority for various leaders adjusted so they aren't immediately available for promotion upon unfixing.
  • Corrected all Units that had Alt_Area with no defined Area (for the raise rules)
See ACW Updates.rtf (in your installation folder) for comprehensive list of changes since the Elder Days....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

squarian
Brigadier General

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Hurrah! Thanks as always, Lodi.

richfed

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Thank you, Lodi - a very pleasant surprise this morning!
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Normalguy
Private

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:09 pm

I say! Well done old chap!

Spiffing bit of work there.

deguerra
Major

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:44 am

Thanks! A question: as I read it, the Division limit modding (if one chooses to do so) will not apply to existing games. Is there any way around that?

lodilefty

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:49 am

deguerra wrote:Thanks! A question: as I read it, the Division limit modding (if one chooses to do so) will not apply to existing games. Is there any way around that?

Change the date of the event to say "MinDate" vs FixedDate

Then make a small change in the evt_nam_xxx text so it will fire as a new event...

We are entering a Brave New World :wacko:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

richfed

Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:22 am

In a game in progress, I changed the CSA limit to 40 - basically just to make up for the 9 that are already counted. Nothing changed ... I just saw your post, so I made the second change ... ran a turn ... nothing changed. What might that "small change" in the evt_nam line be? :blink: Or, could this be a Windows 7 problem ... saves go in a completely different place. Maybe, I should just start a new game.

Clean installation, btw.

All else is going well with RC6, as far as I can tell.
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

richfed

Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:48 am

Never mind, I figured it out. I guess any change would work ... I just added "New" to the event ... worked just fine!!!

Queeg
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:53 am

Very nice! Thanks.

richfed

Locked Ship

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Robert E. Lee [the ship] appears in Deep South Port, according to the mail box. Actually, it is in Amsterdam and cannot sail from there. I believe this issue was present and reported in build 5.

Save included.
Attachments
1861 April w-KY Campaign0.zip
(3.14 MiB) Downloaded 220 times

Rexor
Sergeant

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Is anyone else having cursor issues? Mine is just a pointer instead of the pen. No big deal, just wondering....
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."—Samuel Johnson

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Somewhere in an earlier thread it was pointed out (and I agreed) that Litchfield CT should really be Berkshire MA (or whatever the abbreviation for Massachusetts is in the game). That change doesn't seem to have been made.

lodilefty

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Philippe wrote:Somewhere in an earlier thread it was pointed out (and I agreed) that Litchfield CT should really be Berkshire MA (or whatever the abbreviation for Massachusetts is in the game). That change doesn't seem to have been made.

oops :(
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Rexor wrote:Is anyone else having cursor issues? Mine is just a pointer instead of the pen. No big deal, just wondering....

Not here.

Run the Configuration utility and be sure you haven't checked "Harware Cursor" somehow...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:37 pm

richfed wrote:Robert E. Lee [the ship] appears in Deep South Port, according to the mail box. Actually, it is in Amsterdam and cannot sail from there. I believe this issue was present and reported in build 5.

Save included.

Nutz!

Still cleaning up after the Great Exodus:

Extract into your \ACW\Events folder
1 file will be overwritten.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Coldsteel
Sergeant

Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:38 pm

I'm not sure what the heck I am doing wrong (I am by no means a computer genius / programmer type), but everytime I try to update the division limit and I go to save it, I get "Access Denied" and it won't let me save it. . .
I open the file with Notepad, I'm not sure what I would need to do to adjust this. . .

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:22 pm

A new topic (or maybe an old one that I don't know about).

There are two scenarios that are named "with Kentucky".

If you haven't been following the development of the game assiduously from the begining, you'll have no idea what that means.

Some people know about the neutrality problem, but given the current state of American education, that's probably a dwindling number. And non-Americans won't have a clue.

Is there any way to re-write the scenario description so that it's clear what the difference between the non-Kentucky and Kentucky versions are?

And even if there isn't, could someone explain it to me? I'm assuming that one version causes Kentucky to have a fit if you violate her neutrality, but is that the 'with Kentucky' version or the regular one?

richfed

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Coldsteel wrote:I'm not sure what the heck I am doing wrong (I am by no means a computer genius / programmer type), but everytime I try to update the division limit and I go to save it, I get "Access Denied" and it won't let me save it. . .
I open the file with Notepad, I'm not sure what I would need to do to adjust this. . .

Save it to your desktop and then move it into your game events folder.

Normalguy
Private

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Philippe wrote:A new topic (or maybe an old one that I don't know about).

There are two scenarios that are named "with Kentucky".

If you haven't been following the development of the game assiduously from the begining, you'll have no idea what that means.

Some people know about the neutrality problem, but given the current state of American education, that's probably a dwindling number. And non-Americans won't have a clue.

Is there any way to re-write the scenario description so that it's clear what the difference between the non-Kentucky and Kentucky versions are?

And even if there isn't, could someone explain it to me? I'm assuming that one version causes Kentucky to have a fit if you violate her neutrality, but is that the 'with Kentucky' version or the regular one?

The 'With' scenarios are where Kentucky is initially neutral. In the opening turns neither side can enter Kentucky. You will get messages in game to advise when you can invade.

Coldsteel
Sergeant

Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:56 am

richfed wrote:Save it to your desktop and then move it into your game events folder.

THANKS Richfed! I believe that worked!
Pour it into em boys! Give em the Cold Steel!

Captain_Orso

Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:22 pm

I'm playing the Full Campaign starting in April w/ Kentucky. When the USS Monitor unlocks, it's crew is still only about 10-20% present and at the end of September they are still only about 50% (they are on passive RoI since being unlocked).

Also, I had a frigate and 2 sloops in front of Norfolk on patrol when they encountered an 'iron clad'. The battle display showed an iron clad icon, but the on-board unit icon that appeared during the the turn-play-through was only a gun boat squadron and they literally got the floor wiped with them. If it was the CSA Virgina/Merrimack it could be that they are having the same issue with getting their crew together as the Monitor is having.

Depot building seems to have changed again. In 1.15 it takes 15 days to build one; eg early July you order a depot to be built, late July it says that it is almost finished and early August it has been finished and has a substantial amount of supply.

In the early 1.16 betas/rcs it took longer to build a depot, plus when the depot was competed it was still empty.

Now it is done in one turn and empty.

I'm mentioning this because I don't remember reading about the change.

----
Discrepancies comparing the April- and July w/ Kentucky Campaigns (these may well have been in place in previous versions - I don't know):

I've also noticed that I/1st Bde and I/2nd Bde and a couple of others around the game start out missing regiments that I can only get to be 'replace' by putting them on a depot. I know that this is WAD in regards to receiving a replacement regiment if one is completely missing, but what seems odd to me is that if you play the Full Campaign starting in July w/ Kentucky, all the units in the AoP are at full strength right from the get-go (without them sitting on a depot), which appears to actually be impossible to achieve if you have to do it manually in the April campaign.

Also in the July campaign 2 brigades (Keye's Bde and Richardson's Bde) start with Butler in Ft. Monroe that don't appear in the game at that time in the April campaign. Their make-up make them look like the I/1st Bde and I/3rd Bde and from the commander names they are the I/1st Bde and I/4th Bde, but all 4 units are present at the same time. Because the AoP units in the April campaign only unlock in July there is actually no way that you could get them to Ft. Monroe in July were it the April campaign.

lodilefty

Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:I'm playing the Full Campaign starting in April w/ Kentucky. When the USS Monitor unlocks, it's crew is still only about 10-20% present and at the end of September they are still only about 50% (they are on passive RoI since being unlocked).

Also, I had a frigate and 2 sloops in front of Norfolk on patrol when they encountered an 'iron clad'. The battle display showed an iron clad icon, but the on-board unit icon that appeared during the the turn-play-through was only a gun boat squadron and they literally got the floor wiped with them. If it was the CSA Virgina/Merrimack it could be that they are having the same issue with getting their crew together as the Monitor is having.

Depot building seems to have changed again. In 1.15 it takes 15 days to build one; eg early July you order a depot to be built, late July it says that it is almost finished and early August it has been finished and has a substantial amount of supply.

In the early 1.16 betas/rcs it took longer to build a depot, plus when the depot was competed it was still empty.

Now it is done in one turn and empty.

I'm mentioning this because I don't remember reading about the change.

----
Discrepancies comparing the April- and July w/ Kentucky Campaigns (these may well have been in place in previous versions - I don't know):

I've also noticed that I/1st Bde and I/2nd Bde and a couple of others around the game start out missing regiments that I can only get to be 'replace' by putting them on a depot. I know that this is WAD in regards to receiving a replacement regiment if one is completely missing, but what seems odd to me is that if you play the Full Campaign starting in July w/ Kentucky, all the units in the AoP are at full strength right from the get-go (without them sitting on a depot), which appears to actually be impossible to achieve if you have to do it manually in the April campaign.

Also in the July campaign 2 brigades (Keye's Bde and Richardson's Bde) start with Butler in Ft. Monroe that don't appear in the game at that time in the April campaign. Their make-up make them look like the I/1st Bde and I/3rd Bde and from the commander names they are the I/1st Bde and I/4th Bde, but all 4 units are present at the same time. Because the AoP units in the April campaign only unlock in July there is actually no way that you could get them to Ft. Monroe in July were it the April campaign.

Depot build changes are "PON Side Effect". I didn't document them because I'm still not sure what changed when :blink: . Latest version appears to work, so no change. :)

AFAIK, there is (was) no intent at all to have "July" represent "what you can do" from an April start, nor do I plan to try to do that. Think of the "full" brigades as having been raised and filled out, and Brigades at Ft. Monroe as "Commander moved them while mustering".*

The setup for July (with or without KY) has been that way since whenever.....

* Modding opportunity
[CENTER][/CENTER]

richfed

Atlantic Shipping Box

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:10 pm

I've started several games as the CSA in the '61 Campaign w/Kentucky with the RC6 patch -- just fooling around testing stuff.

In every game, I get the following message in the Mail Box after every turn in which I have vessels in the Atlantic Shipping Box:

Transport ships in shipping lanes transported [color="Red"]0[/color] supply points oversea, their maximum capacity being [color="red"]XXX[/color] points.

No matter what the max capacity figure is [currenty 380], and no matter what configuration of ships I put in there, the points transported is always zero. I don't remember seeing this message in earlier patches. Is there any reason for it?

lodilefty

Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:00 am

richfed wrote:I've started several games as the CSA in the '61 Campaign w/Kentucky with the RC6 patch -- just fooling around testing stuff.

In every game, I get the following message in the Mail Box after every turn in which I have vessels in the Atlantic Shipping Box:

Transport ships in shipping lanes transported 0 supply points oversea, their maximum capacity being XXX points.

No matter what the max capacity figure is [currenty 380], and no matter what configuration of ships I put in there, the points transported is always zero. I don't remember seeing this message in earlier patches. Is there any reason for it?

PON byproduct, I think :blink:
Any ship in that box with transport capacity wil generate it, but AFAIK it does nothing, nor is there anything to do about it (as a player)

I'll rummage around for a way to supress it :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

richfed

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:27 am

OK, I suspected that. Thanks.

Captain_Orso

Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:19 pm

Okay, I can live with the discrepancies between the April and July campaigns.

What still bothers me is that the Monitor takes a year longer to get ready for sea than it should. In the mean time I've actually built 8 other Monitor class ironclads and got them into action with their full compliments before the Monitor actually set to sea with only 75% of it's clew and cannons. That can't be right.

It also appears to me that all of the unit that start the game missing regiments or undermanned (Army of Northeastern Virginia, Army of the Shenandoah) take an extremely long time to get replacements. Could it be that they have some characteristic added to them to cause this?

Maybe a voodoo priestess in New Orleans has placed a curse on them :cthulhu:

Avre 165
Conscript

Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:08 pm

richfed wrote:Save it to your desktop and then move it into your game events folder.

yup did all that. now wheres this 'game events folder' hang out??? thought id done well getting this far!!! help please guys!

lodilefty

Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:24 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Okay, I can live with the discrepancies between the April and July campaigns.

What still bothers me is that the Monitor takes a year longer to get ready for sea than it should. In the mean time I've actually built 8 other Monitor class ironclads and got them into action with their full compliments before the Monitor actually set to sea with only 75% of it's clew and cannons. That can't be right.

It also appears to me that all of the unit that start the game missing regiments or undermanned (Army of Northeastern Virginia, Army of the Shenandoah) take an extremely long time to get replacements. Could it be that they have some characteristic added to them to cause this?

Maybe a voodoo priestess in New Orleans has placed a curse on them :cthulhu:

These are all created with low cohesion and strength.
Perhaps there is another PON-effect here, but I do know that if you don't have replacements in pool for the element types, strength is regained very slowly. Of special note is the Stonwall Bde. NeedsElite replacements or it will take forever.

I personally think it is WAD to require replacements in pool to regain strength, hence the name replacements....

The Monitor (and the CSS Virginia)do seem to get strong very slowly. I'll dig in (no replacements ae available or required for ships)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

richfed

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 am

Vista/Win7 --- Look under your User folder ---> App Data ---> Local ---> VirtualStore ---> Program Files (x86). You'll see an Ageod folder in there.

Captain_Orso

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:04 am

Yes, I know that I need replacement companies in the replacement pool of that element type for them to gain replacements. Also there are some elite elements in the Army of Northeastern Virgina but I am very aware of that too. I always try to keep the pools filled enough that even if an entire regiment is filled-out (1 whole replacement chit, I believe) that the pools will never drop to 0; it would waste an opportunity to distribute replacements.

I recall that if you loose strength through combat, that the lost strength is replaced quicker than if you lose them through attrition or what ever may cause it (bad weather, being unsupplied). I also know that the greatest chance for receiving replacements is if they are on a depot or a city of size 'X' or larger. You have to be on a depot (or city?) to actually receive a missing regiment, one per brigade per turn. I don't remember what the city size is though, nor do I recall if there is a difference between the two or if beyond size 'X' in city level there is a difference; too tired to look now.
Maybe being locked affects this too, which would be the worst of all worlds while playing the April campaign as the Union :p apy:

Good night kids Image

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”