lodilefty

Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:19 pm

AFAIK, the $$, Conscripts and WSU arre"global" and get shared in all regions.

The only real restrictions are the previously state ones, particularly WSU for single Artillery units and some ships.

I'll look at the concept of Artillery being built in the West, vs. in a particular state... eg. MO, TX and AR would build artillery currently resticted to eithr MO or AR.

Note, however, that currently, the only states/cities west of the Mississippi producing WSU at start are in Union control,so we're back to either waiting to industrialize, adding WSU to the setup, or further expanding the raiserule area.

hmmm, or removing the WSU location requirement from 6lb and Horse Artillery.....

...or some combination :blink:

I'd need to see a save where you ordered an Infantry-type and didn't get it, but be sure you had a city that met the requirement for Military Control and Loyalty before and after executing the turn.....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Captain_Orso

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:37 am

Okay, after some work, I've found what we are looking for. In early January I ordered 1 bgd of [X][M] and 2 of [X][X][/] in MO. None of them show up. Both before and after the request St Joseph and Ft Leavenworth are both 100% controlled by the US and well over 50% loyalty.
Attachments
Exa 01.rar
(700.24 KiB) Downloaded 319 times

lodilefty

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:29 am

Hmm.
First, Leavinworth is in Kansas. :blink:
..but St. Joseph and Bloomington are in MO, and meet required MC and Loyalty :w00t:

Second, I really need \Backup1 as it is alwys the immediate previous turn...

..but I went ahead & bought 2 MO Brigades, and you are right: no-show. :(

Soooo.
Everybody hit your Pause key, and I'll chat with the Master tomorrow to see if:

• $recCity requires something higher than level 1 city (I suspect we need 2 or 3)
  • Can we add alt_areas to Units to allow broader raise areas if the home state is having a problem (this would allow AR arty to raise in LA f'rinstance)

Patience please. :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Captain_Orso

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:05 am

Image And I actually read that Ft Leavenworth is in Kansas yesterday and pondered about how far off in the wilderness it is - talk about d'oh! :bonk:

Backup1 is attached.

Actually Bloomington is only at 11% Union loyalty, so the only region with high enough loyalty is St Joseph.

Because I have managed to build one or 2 brigades in MO (only in St Joseph) it may be that the game checks all the requirement for resources etc., and then after determining that the unit can be built assigns a build location. Then it checks for the constraints* on that location, and if they are not met, drops the building.

*$recWSU, $recTown, $recCity, $recHarbor, $recHarborWSU, $RecCap, $RecObj, $recMC(?), $recLoyalty(?)

Even if the game did (will? :w00t: ) check for viable locations first, it would seem to me to be a bit gamey to build as many units as you could afford in a small town like St Joseph all at once. But the alternative would be the game checking for the maximum number of units that could be built per state in the reinforcement ledger and capping them when it is reached, which would be a totally new mechanism in AACW.

Being able to build outside of your state would be cool. It would be like having a government in exile :neener: and I don't even play the CSA ;)

Thanks for looking into this Lodi, you're the best :thumbsup:
Attachments
Backup1.rar
(410.48 KiB) Downloaded 326 times

Coldsteel
Sergeant

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:36 pm

[quote="Thanks for looking into this Lodi, you're the best :thumbsup: [/QUOTE"]

Agreed, thanks for all your work here recently!
Pour it into em boys! Give em the Cold Steel!

Pocus

Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:51 am

Bug fixed, and it was an old but rare one, in case some of you wonder!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Captain_Orso

Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks Pocus :thumbsup:

So in the example of MO in my game I can raise as many units in MO (St Joseph) as I want as long as, with regards to artillery, the WS requirement is met?

And I was just getting used to bringing in all the reinforcements from the Mid-West :D

lodilefty

Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Thanks Pocus :thumbsup:

So in the example of MO in my game I can raise as many units in MO (St Joseph) as I want as long as, with regards to artillery, the WS requirement is met?

And I was just getting used to bringing in all the reinforcements from the Mid-West :D

Yes. AFAIK there is not a limit on how many units can raise in one location.

I'm sure we'll get reports if this is not the case. :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pocus

Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:49 pm

This is WAD for AACW. The games since ROP can handle these limits but this would be a change of design in AACW and people are generally grumpy when things like that are done. So no change beside fixing the bug.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:53 pm

:D Fixes work well in my testing!

Stay tuned to this station for a new beta patch. :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:55 pm

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Captain_Orso

Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Oh man! I feel like I'm watching history being made :w00t:

Captain_Orso

Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:44 pm

And how they work :thumbsup:

I got a little excited and posted it here :neener: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=222888&postcount=5

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”