lodilefty

ACW 1.16 QwikFixes = Updated September 23, 2011

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Apply only AFTER installing patch 1.16a RC4
Thread separated for clarity

Unless noted, each new version is cumulative, and can be applied over previous QwikFix versions...
...but in any case, you MUST apply patch 1.16a RC4 before any of these QwikFixes :D

====================================================================================================
AACW 1.16 RC4a QwikFix 2
September 23, 2011
=====================================================================================================
= Division formation bug fixed (as reported by charlesonmission).
a) only divisions led by a leader which is in the CoopTag list are factored. This means for the CSA only CSA leaders, as there is no cooperation set between CSA and GBR e.g. So we are down to 27 divisions counted for the 1864 scenario, maximum allowed 30.
b) corollary to (a), to avoid exploit, you can't form new divisions if the leader is not with the right tag (cooptag). You can keep the existing ones. e.g you can keep the GBR divisions, but can't create new ones
= Battle report fixed
= Distant unload should be fixed

====================================================================================================
AACW 1.16 RC4a QwikFix 1
September 13, 2011
=====================================================================================================
= New parameters in settings to regulate Automatic Experience gain. Bug fixed.
= Ammo non-consumption bug fixed.
= "Scrambled" Battle Reports bug fixed.
= There is now a stack (group)a name memory. Basically when the scenario setup is created the current name is also stored. This has been done (and is very often useful) so that the name of a stack doesn't change as soon as you move a unit out of it, or the reverse. A stack will assume a new name by merging the stack into another unit or stack.
= An insidious bug with the "NotEnemy" script parameter is fixed. (This was part of the issue with the "Hortelez Supply" arriving in Enemy Ports in WIA.)
= Cavalry won't switch posture when crossing a river, even if 100% hostile MC on other side
= Bug fixed where sometimes a replacement was used from a wrong faction tag to replace an element in an unit
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Nazar
Conscript

Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:01 am

Thank you for your work....quick question....is this fix save game compatible?

Thanks in advance

Pocus

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:42 am

Should be!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Durk

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:05 am

The fix is saved game compatible. At least in three of three games. Two turns in.

charlesonmission

Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:47 am

Hi there,

Mortar and I decided to update in the middle of our PBEM game. Well, there were 2 battles exactly the same, one in Richmond and one in Dallas. Lee was in both places. Okay, so I thought that it is because I updated after I issued orders. So, I went to the backup, issued orders again and ran the turn, same result (except I got 6 NM victories instead of 7 NM). Okay, I've recommended to Mortat that we uninstall the game and then patch to the previous 1.16. This was just my experience and I'm not a tech expert, so I can't say if it was something else I did.

Does someone else have advice? If we repatch to before, will it work? Hope so.

Charles

Durk wrote:The fix is saved game compatible. At least in three of three games. Two turns in.

lodilefty

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:04 pm

charlesonmission wrote:Hi there,

Mortar and I decided to update in the middle of our PBEM game. Well, there were 2 battles exactly the same, one in Richmond and one in Dallas. Lee was in both places. Okay, so I thought that it is because I updated after I issued orders. So, I went to the backup, issued orders again and ran the turn, same result (except I got 6 NM victories instead of 7 NM). Okay, I've recommended to Mortat that we uninstall the game and then patch to the previous 1.16. This was just my experience and I'm not a tech expert, so I can't say if it was something else I did.

Does someone else have advice? If we repatch to before, will it work? Hope so.

Charles

The saved game with twin Lee's would help. Turn you see this, plus /Backup1 folder
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

charlesonmission

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi there,

They are attached. Thanks for everything!

Charles

lodilefty wrote:The saved game with twin Lee's would help. Turn you see this, plus /Backup1 folder
Attachments
Mortar.zip
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 232 times
Backup1.zip
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 230 times

lodilefty

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Charles

Which side is hosting?

Battle report looks OK from USA player, but I see "two Lee's" as CSA player. :wacko:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

charlesonmission

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:22 pm

CSA (me) is hosting.

lodilefty wrote:Which side is hosting?

Battle report looks OK from USA player, but I see "two Lee's" as CSA player. :wacko:

lodilefty

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Charles

OK, I see the problem in your saved game, but when I backup one turn and re-execute the turn, all is OK... :confused:

I did find that I had to disable my resident malware software (SpyBot - TeaTimer) to even get the turn to run, so maybe there's a clue... :blink:

If you are patient, please try to continu with the Hotfix installed, but I'll understand if you don't wantt to..... :)

Attached is saved game with "OK" reports. Note, different battle outcomes, though.... :wacko:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Spada
Private

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:52 pm

I'm seeing this same error reporting happening in ROP. Playing as Prussia against the AI, if i change to the Austrian side the reporting is correct.

charlesonmission

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi,

Okay, my conclusion is this. When battle animation is masked the turn processed correctly, when battle animation shows (you know the green and red wheel...) Lee ended up in Dallas again.

I did the following

1. Installed ACE in a new folder
2. Installed 1.16
3. Installed the 1.16 hot fix
4. Uninstalled Spybot (although I think the reason the turn wouldn't process is because you and I had deleted the file as AGEOD was running and then copied it over again, this is my guess)
5. Ran 4 tests without battle animation, all worked
6. Ran 2 test with battle animation, Lee is in Dallas (and I'm sure Mortar doesn't want 2 Lees!)

Charles

lodilefty wrote:OK, I see the problem in your saved game, but when I backup one turn and re-execute the turn, all is OK... :confused:

I did find that I had to disable my resident malware software (SpyBot - TeaTimer) to even get the turn to run, so maybe there's a clue... :blink:

If you are patient, please try to continu with the Hotfix installed, but I'll understand if you don't wantt to..... :)

Attached is saved game with "OK" reports. Note, different battle outcomes, though.... :wacko:

lodilefty

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:13 pm

charlesonmission wrote:Hi,

Okay, my conclusion is this. When battle animation is masked the turn processed correctly, when battle animation shows (you know the green and red wheel...) Lee ended up in Dallas again.

I did the following

1. Installed ACE in a new folder
2. Installed 1.16
3. Installed the 1.16 hot fix
4. Uninstalled Spybot (although I think the reason the turn wouldn't process is because you and I had deleted the file as AGEOD was running and then copied it over again, this is my guess)
5. Ran 3 tests without battle animation, all worked
6. Ran 1 test with battle animation, Lee is in Dallas (and I'm sure Mortar doesn't want 2 Lees!)

Charles

I'll try that.
Note that the game is not duplicating Lee. Thiss is "only" a battle report issue....

What game settings are you using? (Main Menu - Options)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

charlesonmission

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Attached.

lodilefty wrote:I'll try that.
Note that the game is not duplicating Lee. Thiss is "only" a battle report issue....

What game settings are you using? (Main Menu - Options)
Attachments
Settings.JPG

lodilefty

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:30 pm

charlesonmission wrote:Attached.

What level animation?
Pause after battle?
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:51 pm

charlesonmission wrote:Attached.

AHA!

Repeatable, with settings above.

Pause after battle :ON"
Animation at "4th box"

Load and execute turn as CSA host.
[color="Red"]See post below [/color] :wacko:

Scrambled Battle Report at 2nd battle, game stalls, repeatable!!!!
Error occurs in FullScreen AND Windowed mode!

[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Hocus Pocus[/size][/color]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:27 pm

I haven't seen it first hand, but this sounds exactly like what happens in RUS if you have pause after battle on.

charlesonmission

Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Here is the settings that work.

The Lee error appeared on low battle animation.

Charles

lodilefty wrote:What level animation?
Pause after battle?
Attachments
Media.JPG

charlesonmission

New problem, can't form divisions in 1864

Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:30 am

Hi Lodefiity,

Okay, I ran the turn without a glitch, but now I can't form divisions as the CSA in 1864 (I only have 25 divisions on the field.) Latest results attached.

I looked at the previous turn before running the first turn with the hotfix, it had the same problem.

I also looked at the previous turn without the hot fix, and I could form divisions then.

Charles
Attachments
Replay_CSA.zip
(1.84 MiB) Downloaded 217 times

Pocus

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:48 pm

lodilefty wrote:AHA!

Repeatable, with settings above.

Pause after battle :ON"
Animation at "4th box"

Load and execute turn as CSA host.
[ATTACH]15911[/ATTACH]

Scrambled Battle Report at 2nd battle, game stalls, repeatable!!!!
Error occurs in FullScreen AND Windowed mode!

Hocus Pocus

There is only the HST Lodi...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:59 pm

oops! :blink:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

charlesonmission

Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Lodilefty,

Am I supposed to do something about this??

Charles

lodilefty wrote:oops! :blink:

lodilefty

Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:09 pm

charlesonmission wrote:Lodilefty,

Am I supposed to do something about this??

Charles

No. My bad....
should be correct files now. :bonk:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

charlesonmission

Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Okay, so I don't need to replay the turn, we can continue as is, but the divisions work?

Charles

lodilefty wrote:No. My bad....

charlesonmission

Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Lodilefty,

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you are saying. In the mortar rar you put, it has the replay and usa turn files. Now, I replaced my current replay and usa turn files with those, but I can't still form divisions. Did you get it to work? Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks,

Charles

Pocus

Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:29 pm

exact... bug!

lodilefty

Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:25 pm

charlesonmission wrote:Lodilefty,

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you are saying. In the mortar rar you put, it has the replay and usa turn files. Now, I replaced my current replay and usa turn files with those, but I can't still form divisions. Did you get it to work? Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks,

Charles

Sorry, that was a "criss-cross". Files posted are for Pocus to fix bug. :blink:
Ii have no answer for the inabillity to form divisions. :(
[CENTER][/CENTER]

charlesonmission

Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi Lodilefty,

I don't know if this helps anyone, but in my second PBEM game, the error just happened (I can't form divisions), after about processing 6 turns with the hotfix. It would be interesting to know if the error has happened for people that have started a new game with the hotfix.

Charles

lodilefty wrote:Sorry, that was a "criss-cross". Files posted are for Pocus to fix bug. :blink:
Ii have no answer for the inabillity to form divisions. :(

lodilefty

Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:48 pm

charlesonmission wrote:Hi Lodilefty,

I don't know if this helps anyone, but in my second PBEM game, the error just happened (I can't form divisions), after about processing 6 turns with the hotfix. It would be interesting to know if the error has happened for people that have started a new game with the hotfix.

Charles

Can you upload the saved game with this bug? :D

Current turn and \Backup1

...and which side are you playing?
Which side is hosting?
[CENTER][/CENTER]

charlesonmission

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:05 pm

Current turn and backup1 uploaded.

[ATTACH]15932[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15933[/ATTACH]

I'm the CSA.
CSA is hosting.

Charles

lodilefty wrote:Can you upload the saved game with this bug? :D