richfed

Intervention Bug[s] in1.16 RC4a

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:02 am

Possibly not working as designed:

I am in 1864 as the CSA in the full campaign w/KY. It has been a very long time since I have had European intervention occur in any game. In my replacement ledger, I see replacements for both French and British forces. However, in the mail box, I see no mention of England declaring war - only the French, BUT, TWICE!

Then, the tool tip[s] say I get X amount of money, X amount of war supplies, and that I can access territory, including Mexico, and that French forces are unfixed. Any French forces I can find are still locked. Where are these forces located at?

Save attached.

---> I should add that the replacement chits do not work. Clicking on the foreign troop replacement boxes does nothing. This is a serious break in the game ... or, I am missing something completely.

---> 2nd Edit: Any further messages in mail box relating to French and/or British all show twice.
Attachments
1861 April w-KY Campaign1.zip
(3.48 MiB) Downloaded 202 times
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Rasher
Private

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Just a thought, Richfed

Maybe this post would be better in the RC4a thread? Sorry I can't be of help but maybe more guys will help if its in the RC4a thread.

Gray_Lensman

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:53 pm

deleted

richfed

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:23 pm

I had thought of that, Rasher. I was afraid it would get lost in THAT tremendous thread.

So - will a moderator move this or should I double-post the problem?
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

richfed

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:41 pm

I know that with PON getting all the attention, with vacations arriving, and given the fact that this game is older, this may never be looked at --- but, it is still a beta patch, so maybe ...

I finally found my British forces and got them into the fray, but French? Could not find them. Another thing, besides what I mentioned up above, there are some British [maybe French, too] leaders that still have those black holes for faces.
It would be wonderful if this game could soon be finished in a polished format ... then, I still believe in Santa Claus!

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:02 am

I don't mean this to sound like it's going to sound, but .... did you check Paris and in Mexico?

richfed

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Yes, but they remain locked.

lodilefty

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:28 pm

OK, first look at this (sorry I missed it!)

The event set uses a deprecated command to unfix troops. It may not work same way as it did when this was originally coded... :(

Good news, though, as it is (relatively) easy to fix, but will take a few days. :w00t:

Stay tuned. Feel free to nag at me. :D
Just be patient, as we host the "extended family" Thanksgiving Dinner, and that will consume much of my time until Friday.... :wacko:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:42 pm

French land forces are in North Mexico and Vera Cruz (OMB south of Laredo). Naval Forces in France and West Indies.

My testing has fixed all the bugs except purchase of replacements:
[INDENT]IMHO, it is not a game breaker, as there are beaucoup free replacement events for ENG , FRA and MEX.
(each faction has 2x free replacement events per year after DOW).

I'll ask the Master if I'm still missing something, but I'm not going to hold up 1.16 RC6 for it...
[/INDENT]
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”