lodilefty

AACW (public beta) Patch 1.16 rc3 (November 30, 2010)

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:25 pm

Let's try again!!!

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_AACW_v1.16rc3.zip

Latest engine, plus

Since RC2:

*Fixed map “focus” jump for Orphans Brigade arrival event.
*Fixed Depot build using Transport ships
*there is a more detailed tooltip on the entrench level icon
*abilities tooltip have their appliance level added by code.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Farseer
Private

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Excuse my ignorance and probably irrelevant question... but what does rc2 and rc3 stand for in these file names?

lodilefty

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Farseer wrote:Excuse my ignorance and probably irrelevant question... but what does rc2 and rc3 stand for in these file names?

Release Candidate 2

Release Candidate 3

aka "Public Beta"
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Rafiki

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:00 pm

In general, a (regular) beta version is something that you kinda suspect contains errors that need to be addressed, while a release candidate is something that you intend to release as an official version, provided no unexpected problems are brought to light
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Farseer
Private

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:12 am

That makes very good sense to me. Thank you for your explanations! :thumbsup: :coeurs:

lodilefty

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:21 am

[CENTER][/CENTER]

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Clean install, then this patch. I don't see headings. No "total blockade" or "6% war bonds" or even "game options".

Gray_Lensman

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:22 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:48 am

deleted

Franciscus

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:08 am

Playing RC3 (patched over a clean RC2 install), and things look pretty good.

Found a minor bug, though, but as I have not played for a few months, I really do not know if it's new; and it's very minor.

Sometimes the message that refers to a force joining other gets messed up.

As an example, my Army of the Potomac moved to Culpeper to join a detachment led by Huger, and the message states that "Army of the Potomac joined Army of the Potomac" :bonk: :confused: (no corps or divisions are yet available, so Huger's detachment was independent before the merge movement). I noticed a few turns back the same kind of message, but did not record it

See attached pic and save (the turn I get the message and the previous backup are included)

Again, it's a really minor "bug", all other things look great ! :thumbsup:
Attachments
1861 April w-KY Campaign3.zip
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 245 times
Who joined who.jpg

Gray_Lensman

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:30 am

deleted

AndrewKurtz

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:29 am

Wow! I agree it would be great to get those kinds of things fixed. But also, let's acknowledge how awesome the support of this game has been when those are the kinds of issues we're talking about! That's great news :thumbsup:

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:57 am

Hi there,

sorry I don't have time to check by myself, but will there be a "Total-Power Line" implemented in the Stack-Tooltip as I whished for in this Post and in this and in that here ?
That would be great ! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much,
Bernadotte

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:41 am

AndrewKurtz wrote:Wow! I agree it would be great to get those kinds of things fixed. But also, let's acknowledge how awesome the support of this game has been when those are the kinds of issues we're talking about! That's great news :thumbsup:

I have seen the same type of message bugs occasionally. But I totally agree re: the outstanding continuing support of this game.

Franciscus

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Franciscus wrote:Playing RC3 (patched over a clean RC2 install), and things look pretty good.

Found a minor bug, though, but as I have not played for a few months, I really do not know if it's new; and it's very minor.

Sometimes the message that refers to a force joining other gets messed up.

As an example, my Army of the Potomac moved to Culpeper to join a detachment led by Huger, and the message states that "Army of the Potomac joined Army of the Potomac" :bonk: :confused: (no corps or divisions are yet available, so Huger's detachment was independent before the merge movement). I noticed a few turns back the same kind of message, but did not record it

See attached pic and save (the turn I get the message and the previous backup are included)

Again, it's a really minor "bug", all other things look great ! :thumbsup:

The only possible big relevance might be if this is something engine-related and may be happens also in other newer games ?

Carrington
Captain

Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:06 am

Started three grand campaigns this evening, grew suspicious that Athena was asleep --no attack on Sumter, no occupation of Norfolk -- and finally noticed that 'Activate A/I' was not checked.

It's quite possible that I toggled Athena off inadvertently. Or, perhaps the 'activate A/I' option got toggled off in 1.16?

Gray_Lensman

Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:35 pm

deleted

Carrington
Captain

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Though this is quite possible, it is not the case with this v1.16 rc3 update patch. A clean uninstall/reinstall followed up with a direct patch to this v1.16 rc3 results in the AI box being checked/selected by default. The Give AI more time box is unchecked by default however, but that's usually the case also. :)

Sorry, another red herring then. I must have unchecked it.

richfed

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:18 pm

lodilefty wrote:Let's try again!!!

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_AACW_v1.16rc3.zip

Latest engine, plus

Since RC2:

RC3 is looking pretty darn good!
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Gray_Lensman

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:14 pm

deleted

Franciscus

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:11 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Is it possible that Huger's detachment was originally part of the Army of the Potomac before being detached?

Sent from my Droid X using Swype.

No, it's the original Huger's force, that as soon as it appeared (in Petersburg, IIRC), I sent to Culpeper. It might have passed through Richmond, but it was not ever merged with the Army of the Potomac until I ordered the Army to move.

Gray_Lensman

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:00 am

deleted

Oldparatrooper
Conscript

Wow!!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:16 pm

RC3 looks good to me and can I just say thanks to all you guys working on this game. It was one of the best games I ever played before ya did all this work and now ya making it better. Just amazing.

marecone

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:00 am

I have decided to give this rc3 a try. I play as Union and I am in September 1861 now. Rebs playing really good and what pleases me most is that they don't go on deep suicide raids as before. Those raids did include medium force attacking for example Buffalo and then slowly melting away because of a lack of supplies.

Unlike in version 15 and all older versions, they have managed to defend Springfield, MO. In all previous versions I always got whole Missouri before 1861 ended and rebel AI was poor and almost non existant in the west. Now this is definitelly a change to better.

Will report later as I make some progress but so far didn't find any bugs. :thumbsup:
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Pocus

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Confirmed... I finally had a chance to load up your saved game and went back a turn. It was originally Huger's Command and the Army of the Potomac moved to Culpeper.

Probably should be looked into by Pocus for sure. I agree that it may be a problem spanning ALL AGE based games.

Here's a screen pic in 1861 Early Aug with B Huger's Command as a stationary force in Culpeper, VA.:
[ATTACH]13863[/ATTACH]

Here's a screen pic in 1861 Early Aug with the Army of the Potomac assigned to move to Culpeper, VA.:
[ATTACH]13864[/ATTACH]

Finally, here's a screen pic in 1861 Late Aug with the Army of the Potomac arriving and joining the Army of the Potomac in Culpeper, VA.:
[ATTACH]13865[/ATTACH]

Sorry, what should I look at?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Franciscus

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Psst, Pocus...

"Army of the Potomac joined Army of the Potomac"... ;)

http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13815&d=1291334751

(This kind of funny message appears frequently, with the arriving unit joining the "resulting" force - in this case, it should read, as it did in the past: "Army of the Potomac joined Huger's command". After the merge, it continues to be the Army of the Potomac, but there's something strange in the "logic" of the message generator)

Hope it's clear

Regards

Gray_Lensman

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:03 pm

deleted

Franciscus

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Confirmed... I finally had a chance to load up your saved game and went back a turn. It was originally Huger's Command and the Army of the Potomac moved to Culpeper.

Probably should be looked into by Pocus for sure. I agree that it may be a problem spanning ALL AGE based games.

Yes, it is probably an engine based problem. For sure it also exists in RUS

I tested it in the Finland scenario. I moved the Army of Finland to merge with Haapamaki division, and the message is:
"Army of Finland joined Army of Finland" :wacko:

See pic

(PS: I will report it in the RUS sub-forum, also)
Attachments
RUS.jpg

Franciscus

Force tooltip bug - another AGE engine problem ??

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:27 am

I found another glitch, on the tooltip that appears over ours or the enemy's forces. I was noticing that the Union Army had apparently huge "brigades", of 500+ strength, and lots of apparently lonely generals

Then noticed the same thing in my own forces.

The glitch is that divisons are represented in the tooltip by the Div commander's name followed in brackets by the name of one of the constituent brigades (and not the name of the division) - for example, in the pic, Longstreet's division is referred in the tooltip as "James Longstreet (Longstreet bde)", with a strength of 536 :bonk:
Commanded Brigades, on the other hand, are referred simply to by the name of the commander, repeated - for example, Bonham's brigade is referred as "M. Bonham (M. Bonham)", with no specific mention of the actual brigade...

See attached pic and save.

I do not recall :p apy: if/when this was introduced, but IIRC this was not the way forces were referred to in the tooltips... :confused: Either way, it's confusing and misleading.

And like the message's problem, it's not AACW exclusive - RUS has the same "peculiar" way of referring to forces in the tooltips.

Regards
Attachments
1861 April w-KY Campaign3.zip
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 225 times
Army of the Potomac.jpg

soloswolf
General of the Army

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:50 am

Franciscus wrote:I found another glitch, on the tooltip that appears over ours or the enemy's forces. I was noticing that the Union Army had apparently huge "brigades", of 500+ strength, and lots of apparently lonely generals

Then noticed the same thing in my own forces.

The glitch is that divisons are represented in the tooltip by the Div commander's name followed in brackets by the name of one of the constituent brigades (and not the name of the division) - for example, in the pic, Longstreet's division is referred in the tooltip as "James Longstreet (Longstreet bde)", with a strength of 536 :bonk:
Commanded Brigades, on the other hand, are referred simply to by the name of the commander, repeated - for example, Bonham's brigade is referred as "M. Bonham (M. Bonham)", with no specific mention of the actual brigade...

See attached pic and save.

I do not recall :p apy: if/when this was introduced, but IIRC this was not the way forces were referred to in the tooltips... :confused: Either way, it's confusing and misleading.

And like the message's problem, it's not AACW exclusive - RUS has the same "peculiar" way of referring to forces in the tooltips.

Regards

This has always been like this. The name in the brackets is always the name of the first regiment/brigade you select when adding units to the division. The same holds true if you just have a leader attached to a single brigade.

You'll notice a similar tool-tip when you look for intelligence on enemy stacks. If it's a division, even if you can't see the full strength you'll see the asterisk and the name of the brigade. If it's just a commanded brigade you'll see the brigade name and whatever strength you have detection enough to see.
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”