andatiep

Bug in the 1.15 version

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:05 am

I think i did find a bug in the current 1.15 version.
I noticed that the "Poor Spy Network" abilities of MacClellan did not appear anymore after he is promoted to a 3 star general.
I think it is an important bug since this ability is needed to recreate the historical lack of Intelligence service of the MacClellan Command in all the east front during the year 1862.

I searched and saw that the alias Poor_Spy_Network is wrongly written (it miss the underscores) in the 4 files concerning MacLellan (files 246 to 249) in the repository ...\ACW\GameData\Models (and also in the Database file AACW_DB_Models44i provided here :http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=5358).
After correcting this, the icon appear again in the game.

But i didn't saw any differences in the detection of the CSA forces in the Departement were MacClellan is.
Even with CSA forces commanded by Magruder or Beauregard which have also the "Deceiver" ability.

Are this abilities still functionning ?
Did i miss something on the detection rules in the game ?

I would really like that the Union side could not detect the detailed power of the CSA forces in Virginia during the year 1861-1862.
Does it means i should edit the early union cavalry and balloon units to limit their Detection value to 4 or 3 max ?
How can i do ?
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Pocus

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:38 am

The code on that has not changed since quite some time. It give a penalty of 1 Hide value to units which are not irregulars (iirc) IF they are already detected. You won't lift FOW with that.

As for the alias wrongly written, this is annoying indeed. I'll note that for a next patch. Merci Mr Andatiep :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

andatiep

Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:22 pm

Pocus wrote:Merci Mr Andatiep :)

:hat: A votre service, Mr Pocus.
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”