cptcav
Lieutenant

Politics / Total Blockade

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:06 pm

Is it supposed to be possible to sign the TOTAL BLOCKADE political option multiple times in a game? If so, how often can it be pushed?

Regards,
CptCav

bburns9
Sergeant

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:59 pm

cptcav wrote:Is it supposed to be possible to sign the TOTAL BLOCKADE political option multiple times in a game? If so, how often can it be pushed?

Regards,
CptCav

cptcav - Yes, you can use TOTAL BLOCKADE multiple times (the CSA can use EMBARGO multiple times as well). I'm not sure what the interval is for the reset, but I have used it at least 3 times in a game.

BB
Find out what Grant drinks and send a barrel of it to each of my other generals! - A. Lincoln

cptcav
Lieutenant

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:06 pm

The reason I asked is that in my current game I used it on the June 1861 Early turn and it is already giving me the option to use it on the July 1861 Late turn. Seems like it is too easy and quick as a source of money and victory points.

Regards,
CptCav

bburns9
Sergeant

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:11 pm

cptcav wrote:The reason I asked is that in my current game I used it on the June 1861 Early turn and it is already giving me the option to use it on the July 1861 Late turn. Seems like it is too easy and quick as a source of money and victory points.

Regards,
CptCav

I agree, the ability to use it almost back to back seems a bit gamey of a way to get more $, VP and NM. I think in you can also do that in '61 with calling for volunteers too (as the Union).
Find out what Grant drinks and send a barrel of it to each of my other generals! - A. Lincoln

cptcav
Lieutenant

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:51 pm

bburns9 wrote:...I think in you can also do that in '61 with calling for volunteers too (as the Union).

My opponent is telling me that, as the South, he can chose the 5% Measured Taxes almost every turn as well.

Something seems rotten in Denmark.

Regards,
CptCav

cptcav
Lieutenant

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:56 pm

Can Gray or anyone out there tell me if there is a specific timeframe that each of the drafts, finances, and political events are supposed to be delayed before becoming available again?

Thank you,
CptCav

Manstein
Brigadier General

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:07 pm

cptcav wrote:Can Gray or anyone out there tell me if there is a specific timeframe that each of the drafts, finances, and political events are supposed to be delayed before becoming available again?

Thank you,
CptCav

Money Print can be used each turn.
Rest of options are renewed each final june and final december, except Mobilization, only each final december

Eugene Carr
Colonel

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:08 pm

You do get repeated opportunities to choose these options - I cant remember the details offhand but I think it is every 6 months and the reset is at end of June. So you do get 2 turns quickly but you will have to wait until December now.

S! EC

Yep what Manstein said! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cptcav
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 am

Thanks guys. I think that explains it.

Regards,
CptCav

Gray_Lensman

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:40 am

deleted

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:36 am

Really? That's just going to make it predicatable when everyone is going to levy taxes or call for recruits...
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

Gray_Lensman

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:45 am

W.Barksdale wrote:Really? That's just going to make it predicatable when everyone is going to levy taxes or call for recruits...

I think it's pretty much predictable already... :D

What would really enhance this would be a random reset date within the reset time frame itself.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:57 am

deleted

Chertio
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:04 am

Or allow these options every turn but with VP, NM and money costs (where a bounty is being paid on calling for volunteers) varying depending on the number of turns since the last call. And the costs/results varying as they do now a bit with the overall NM level, maybe with the relative NMs of the two sides.

So that exercising these options several times in successive turns would gain an immediate benefit in available money, conscripts etc but have a ruinous effect on NM and VP levels for the longer term. Also exercising them when your side is either clearly winning or clearly losing would come at an extra cost - perhaps allowing a 'last gasp'/'last push' effort for either side before the political costs start to mount up heavily.

That would make them quite dangerous choices to make - maybe it is better to have some more units in the field within the next few turns at a severe cost, maybe better wait a few months and conserve NM and VP levels.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:50 pm

deleted

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”