jackfox
Sergeant

Mississippi Recruits

Fri May 11, 2007 3:45 pm

I'm not sure this has been mentioned yet, but there seems to be something funny going on with the number of Mississippi regular units a player is able to recruit. I'm well into a game playing as the CSA and the only options to form Mississippi brigades were the large 5-element units. Even then I was only able to recruit a couple of those. For all of the other Confederate states, there are options for 2, 3, and 5-element brigades, and plenty of those at that. Just curious why so few Mississippi units are available.

PhilThib

Fri May 11, 2007 3:52 pm

We have at least 2 MS brigades: the one you mention (large) and another one with 2 rgts and artillery. Can't you see this one ? :tournepas

Pocus

Fri May 11, 2007 4:05 pm

don't forget that a type is not listed if you have already on map whatever is allowed.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jackfox
Sergeant

Fri May 11, 2007 4:13 pm

I'm sure you're right. I'm afraid I didn't clearly state my question in the previous post, though. My real concern is that the actual number of brigades you can get from Mississippi seems low compared with that of it's neighbors in Tennessee, Alabama, and Louisiana. Also, in my current game (September 1863), no new Mississippi brigades have become available.

To illustrate this I just started a new July 1861 campaign. In the recruitment panel, you're correct that two types of Mississippi brigades are available. The total number of elements in these brigades breakdown as follows:

Regular Infantry: 10 elements
Zouaves: 2 elements
Artillery: 4 elements

There seem to be a lot more elements available in neighboring states:

Alabama
Regular Infantry: 26 elements
Sharpshooters: 5 elements
Cavalry: 3 elements
Artillery: 3 elements

Louisiana
Regular Infantry: 20 elements
Zouaves: 8 elements

Tennessee
Regular Infantry: 48 elements
Cavalry: 12 elements
Artillery: 12 elements

I don't have the figures in front of me, but I thought that some 75,000 or 80,000 Mississippi men fought for the South during the war.

jackfox
Sergeant

Fri May 11, 2007 4:30 pm

It dawned on me that I should include the elements that are already on the map. The new totals are:

Mississippi
Regular Infantry: 18 elements
Zouaves: 4 elements
Artillery: 7 elements

Alabama
Regular Infantry: 30 elements
Sharpshooters: 5 elements
Cavalry: 5 elements
Artillery: 5 elements

Louisiana
Regular Infantry: 20 elements
Zouaves: 8 elements

Tennessee
Regular Infantry: 64 elements
Cavalry: 16 elements
Artillery: 16 elements

Pocus

Sat May 12, 2007 6:18 am

if you compare that with the 1860 census, it is roughly ok then.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”