Keyfer
Civilian

A Couple of Items I Noticed

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:46 am

First time poster here. Excellent game! Note sure if these have already been mentioned, but I have noticed a couple of things that seem out of place

1. In the 1862 campaign as CSA, I built a steam frigate which showed up in Tallahassee which is located on a shallow river inland from the Gulf of Mexico. I was unable to move the vessel out to sea because of the river restrictions.

2. Also the 1862 campaign, there was snow on the ground in East Tennessee in June.

3. In the April 1861 campaign, I noticed that units purchased in one state were named for a different state. For instance I bought a brigade in Pennsylvannia which mustered in Philadelphia but was named the California Brigade. I had two cavalry regiments also mustered in the East, but named the 1st and 2nd Colorado.

Other than that great game!

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:55 am

Yeah I've seen snow blizzards in Alabama in July in my April 61 game. In mountain terrain, yes; but these are the lower Appalacians, not the Himalayas!

jhdeerslayer

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:17 am

Seems this will be toned down in a future patch. :niark:

frank7350
Brigadier General

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:24 am

1) haven't noticed that happen... i'll post it in the beta forum for some other opinions...

2) i believe the weather matrix is being tweaked. the percentages for snow are low...but snow still occurs way to frequently in the late spring/early summer

3) the California Brigade is a PA unit...later became 71st PA Vols...see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Brigade . As for the other units....this was a problem in some of the early betas with militia, don't recall it occuring with cavalry units tho. again, I'll post in beta

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”