kwhitehead
Sergeant

Victory Bug When VP Victory

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:46 am

This happened in 1.14 and I have not confirmed the error in 1.15.

The South had a Victory Point lead of 4862 to the Union 2197 but there was no National Morale victory possible (CSA 80 vs USA 98). The Union player was host for the game. At the end of turn 115 his game reported a Stalemate (both on screen and message log). When I received the game TRN file and ran it it displayed a CSA Victory (also in message log).

Seems there is a little problem here.

I have attached screen shots of the bottom of the victory screen.
Attachments
CSA Screen Victory.jpg
USA Screen Stalemate.jpg

Gray_Lensman

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:11 am

deleted

kwhitehead
Sergeant

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:42 pm

I suspected that would be the case but since it takes playing a full game out to the end and having the same set of victory conditions to duplicate it will probably be many months or years before it can be confirmed in 1.15. However, I would suspect it will be still in 1.15 since this is a logic error not a database error.

It would help if someone would publish the conditions the game uses for determining victory. The National Morale one is straight forward and in the screen showing your current status. However, I have never seen anything saying how the Victory Points at end of game are used to determine victory. I know simply having more does not cause victory since I have seen the Stalemate screen for VP levels significantly higher for one side than the other. This was the first game where one sides VP exceeded the other by over 2:1 and it looked like it was going to generate a victory. Unfortunately it only generated a half of victory.

Gray_Lensman

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:18 pm

deleted

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”