enf91
AGEod Veteran

Sat May 02, 2009 10:48 pm

That thing about ships needing 10 years to enter port... somehow it is only for unsupplied blockade squadrons.

Gray_Lensman

v1.14 RC11 Public Beta Update Patch posted.

Thu May 07, 2009 8:36 am

A little earlier than anticipatated but see the 1st post in this thread for details.

Most if not all of the previous bugs were (hopefully) squashed.

Regards.

PS... There is still some more ongoing work, but the current game in its form needed to be released to help some gamers experiencing some CTDs. I personally have no details of those specific v1.13b related CTDs.

The MO 1st Brigade unit is undergoing confirmation before actually being implemented in the necessary scenarios, so even though it's added to the Units, none of the scenarios are using it just yet.

edit> There's a possibility that there are some "options" related discrepancies, maybe costs involved. Be on the lookout for them and please post any feedback that you might observe in these areas.

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Inflation issues

Thu May 07, 2009 5:54 pm

Gray,

Under RC11, I am not seeing any inflation costs for financial options. The VP and NM costs are there, but the inflation never changes. I testesd to see if they where not displayed, but where raising unit prices. There was no change in the price of my units.

I checked both April and July scenarios, plus the Kentucky versions also; from USA and CSA sides. All 4 where the same in regards to no inflation costs.

Here is a screeny of the April w/Kentucky, from CSA with 8% and Exceptional options chosen. I also confirmed that the displayed amount is what you receive the next turn.

I thought it may have been in my installation. So I uninstalled/re-installed v1.0, v1.13b, then the v1.14_RC11 patch. Inflation is still absent.

[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]“We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”

- General Albert Sidney Johnston[/size][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER][color="DarkGreen"]AGEod's American Civil War Wiki - [/color][color="DarkGreen"]AACWWiki[/color][/CENTER]

Gray_Lensman

Thu May 07, 2009 7:22 pm

deleted

Chertio
Lieutenant

Signals & Balloons

Fri May 08, 2009 12:19 am

As neither side can create divisions before October 61 or corps before March 62 (approx) in this patch, should the signal unit and balloon reinforcements be similarly delayed?

I have only played this beta patch briefly, but it looks like both sides can build every signal and balloon unit they will ever have before divisional let alone corps organisation has even been thought of. Could result in cries of 'gaminess', more 'house rules' &c.

I have no idea when these kinds of units began to augment the military organisation regularly on either side either side, but I suspect not until the larger formations had already been put together - until then a balloon or a signal unit is maybe a bit of a wonderment.

Tip of th'tiplo hat to the inventor of assault balloons and to Aphrodite's concept of balloon-borne invasion forces dressed as nuns, and apologies if the point has already been raised.

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 08, 2009 3:31 am

GL, if you would, could you clarify path/install a bit?

I am reading the post(s) re 1.14 to say that you install over a clean install of 1.13b. If so, does this incorporate 1.13(e) code/DB changes, or not?

If not, then I take it this is a patch for 1.13b solely? If so, this being 'unofficial', I take it I could wait for another patch version for 1.13b?

Can I install over (e), if I so desire?
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Gray_Lensman

Fri May 08, 2009 5:37 am

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Fri May 08, 2009 6:34 am

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Fri May 08, 2009 6:45 am

deleted

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 08, 2009 8:43 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Can't make it any clearer than it is... You have to patch up to "official" v1.13b first. This in NOT a comprehensive patch yet. It builds on the datafiles from v1.13b. Install it (v1.13b) first, then apply this patch directly over it.

There is no other patch version for v1.13b other than the "QuickFixes" which are built into this Public Beta patch also.

It probably would be best however to do a clean install of v1.13b (without the QuickFixes), just in case there might be a conflict in the way I did the QuickFixes vs this new v1.14. I have not tested v1.14 being installed over the QuickFixes per se, only over a "pure" v1.13b installation. One last note, as we proceed, there will most likely be a few more Public Beta releases. In all cases, they can be applied over the previous ones without reinstalling v1.13b again since they build on the same data.

I was originally going to delay this Public Beta patch until Mid June, but since a rare CTD has come to light with v1.13b, this had to be made available asap.

All right, it sounds like one could just wait for the next go-round, if one doesn't mind a CTD that seems to be a minimal risk. For the edification of others, I've been playing nothing but 1.13b lately. My (e) install has a CTD with McDowell being trapped in Virginia in Fall, 61, so I've just put that on the back burner 'til there's an (f) or whatnot.

I have never had a CTD or even a hiccup with 1.13b. AFAIK, my config is up to date, 'cept for this 1.14 patch.

So it sounds like this is for the mainline version, not for the (d) and (e) versions. IOW, the No Capture Rule is not in effect for 1.14.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]

-Daniel Webster

RULES

(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Gray_Lensman

Fri May 08, 2009 9:01 am

deleted

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 08, 2009 10:28 am

Oh, OK, then - I'll put this in my 'Beta' folder. Thanks.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

EDIT EDIT

ADDENDUM

Okay, just re-read everything - here's the situation.

* Copied my existing 1.13b install - note that I had had it Hotfixed up to, but not including, the HQ/HQ Arty HF.

* Slapped 1.14 on this install.

* Launched an April61 game as US.

>> I don't see the 'new' region east of Richmond. I don't see the region for Haynes Bluff, MS, either, that was recently implemented. I do see a generic flag 'placholder' on the Objectives screen for Louisville. I do not see any tooltip/flyover language generated by KY regions stating that I can't enter.

I'm sorry, but...what?? I can't do a 'clean' install of 1.13b, anyway, unless I go to re-download and re-patch back up to 'vanilla' 1.13b w/o the HFs (I d/led the game, obviously).

AFAIK, my observations above are correct. If, per your language above, this is still in the Beta path, what happened to Haynes Bluff? Whassup wid Louisville - is the KY Rule in effect, or what? If you would be so kind, what is the name of the 'new' region east of Richmond?

I haven't executed a turn yet from the April (Early April) instance. I just slapped HF 11 on my 1.13b install (my "main vanilla" game right now). Do I need to do the same with this, then slap 1.14 on it? What happens to Haynes Bluff, then?

Am I being dense?

Thanks, GL.

-Daniel Webster

RULES

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Fri May 08, 2009 9:42 pm

This is from the now-obsolete 1.13e. Did this get fixed?
[ATTACH]7661[/ATTACH]

What's CTD? I saw it get tossed around a bit.

Also, did you rework the AI so it will make the "control Manassas" event a challenge?
Attachments
aacwscreenshot4.jpg

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 08, 2009 10:00 pm

CTD: Crash To Desktop, where the app closes/crashes and the user is returned to his initial state, usu. the Desktop.

-Daniel Webster

RULES

Gray_Lensman

Sat May 09, 2009 5:17 am

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Sat May 09, 2009 5:21 am

deleted

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat May 09, 2009 5:51 am

Thanks, GL. You're nothing if not thorough and thoroughly considerate.

I think the other poster, enf91, is trying to show you spurious Union units in Ft. Sumter.

-Daniel Webster

RULES

Gray_Lensman

Sat May 09, 2009 6:01 am

GraniteStater wrote:Thanks, GL. You're nothing if not thorough and thoroughly considerate.

I'm specifically doing an uninstall/reinstall patch to v1.13b AND the QuickFixes before applying this patch to see for myself if it is a problem. I'll post the results in a few minutes.

edit> You should have seen the new regions doing an install over the QuickFixes, however the fix for the bombardment buttons would be canceled out by a "double" fix. I previously had renamed some of the button files for v1.13b. In this new v1.14 rc11, Pocus changed the "internal" name reference, so the result would be two reverse changes canceling each other. Other than that, there would be no other issues with installing this public beta patch over the QuickFixes. Since you are not seeing Hayne's Bluff, or presumably the new regions just to the east of Richmond, I strongly suspect your installation is corrupted. You'll have to do it again. Sorry.

I think the other poster, enf91, is trying to show you spurious Union units in Ft. Sumter.

Thanks... Now I know what to look for... There were other problems involving sea detection, so I could not readily determine what he was asking. Thanks again.

Gray_Lensman

Sat May 09, 2009 6:19 am

deleted

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat May 09, 2009 2:45 pm

GL:

* Nope, just me, I think. I did buy the disc. Also, quite frequently, the Setup routine for patches, etc., prompts for "AEGOD's Civil War", so that if you install to directory X, you'll be prompted for the path .../X/AEGOD's Civil War/. I went to my BETA114 directory and discovered ...BETA114/AEGOD's Civil War in the directory.

* The '114' stuff was in this sub-directory. I copied and pasted over the main elements in the BETA114 directory. Got a bigtime error/no can do message when I relaunched.

* So now I'm launching a fresh install of the game from disc, and am gonna patch up to 1.13b w/o HFs. Then I'll slap 1.14 on that. I'll let you know if there's anything amiss.

>>> These posts and those above are meant for the general community, in case anyone else if having problems of this nature. Probably me, though.

-Daniel Webster

RULES

Gray_Lensman

Sat May 09, 2009 3:02 pm

deleted

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat May 09, 2009 3:53 pm

Okay, that seems to be the ticket.

*Install fresh base AACW, apply 1.13b w/o any HotFixes at all, install 1.14 over that.

* Launched new game of Apr61 with KY Rule.

* Hayne's Bluff is present
* I can see where you broke up the old 'Charles City' region east of Richmond, which formerly straddled a river, into two regions. Good change.
* Objective: LOUISVILLE is a generic flag icon.
* KY is forbidden for entry, as well as VA.

All seems as it should. I'll let you know if there are any odd behaviors.

Incidentally, I run Vista - Home Premium on this laptop. I have several Paradox games and some mods installed, and also Ubisoft's Silent Hunter IV. Nary a problem with directory paths. This machine was bought in Oct08. Now, on a slightly older laptop, I have Vista Home Basic and a guest of mine, while using it as a Guest (set up two Accounts) on the Internet - well, it's an unlaunchable mess right now.

Premium or Basic might make a difference with Vista. I know what you mean about MS's 'we know what's best for you' attitude, though. Reminds me of certain folks in public life... :eek:

-Daniel Webster

RULES

Gray_Lensman

Sat May 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Hmmm, never thought about Louisville as an objective being different in the Kentucky neutral scenarios. Does it affect anything else other than the Flag itself? If so, I may have to rework it so, Louisville does not become an objective until Kentucky joins/secedes. More gameplay feedback would be appreciated.

edit>I'm hoping to have a few more things done for this patch between now and the time Pocus fixes the "inflation" bug. (I tried to "manually" fix the inflation bug yesterday for a LOL, "QuickFix" to this public beta patch just to get something out over the weekend... alas... it didn't work :( So now, I'm seeing what can be done to squeeze in the MO 1st Brigade and just maybe a regional rework around Chattanooga.

Gray_Lensman

Sat May 09, 2009 4:10 pm

deleted

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Sat May 09, 2009 5:19 pm

I noticed the inflation thing too, except this time I looked at the options before I clicked. All 3 options, even when maxed out, said "prices will increase by 0%". This was in Late May, 1861 for the Union.

Gray_Lensman

Sat May 09, 2009 5:20 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Sat May 09, 2009 5:31 pm

deleted

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Sat May 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:enf91:

...you will have to provide us with the saved game files. (You can delete the .rpl files prior to zipping up the saved game files, they're not needed and they unnecessarily increase the size of the saved game .zip file)

Does it matter whether I send you guys the .zip of the .ord or the .trn?

mikee64
Brigadier General

Sun May 10, 2009 1:31 am

Gray, fresh install with latest patch, here is a very minor display error:

Other than this game is playing great; Athena is pulling some moves I would never have thought possible. The new regions you created are :thumbsup:

enf91: since no one has replied, they will need your entire saved game folder (the .ord, .trn, plus backup folders; delete the replay files *.rpl) to make it fit.
Mike

Gray_Lensman

Sun May 10, 2009 5:37 am

deleted

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”