xpyre
Private

Change of Corp leadership.

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:27 pm

I've a corp which I moved onto a stack with a higher ranking 2 star general.

As I did so the leadership changed...
a little weird in real terms but I sort of understand it. The highest ranking general taking leadership of any stack.

The weird thing is that General, altough 2 star was also a divisional commander and had a full division in tow.

Not only that but when I removed the original leading general (and his divisions) I am left with a stack which is a division and a corp at the same time. I can then reform the corp for the original general.

I assume this is not quite as intended.

soloswolf
General of the Army

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:52 pm

Your assumption is correct. This was an exploit brought up by Jabberwock some time ago.

The new 2* will not have any bonuses from your Army commander that turn, but, if you reform a corps under the 2* that had it prior to merging stacks, he will keep whatever bonus (or penalty...) he had.

As far at the dual division/corps command, the only downside (other than being outside of the games design) is that the division under the new corps commander will only get his 3% bonus, not the 5% bonus given by a stack commander.

Good catch, btw.
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

mikee64
Brigadier General

Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:30 pm

I expect this may happen more frequently now with the delay of Corps creation. I gave Jackson a Division in 1861 in my current game, and planned on temporarily using him in that capacity inside a Corps under Longstreet early in 1862. But when I created the Corps Jackson automatically took command as mentioned above.

Since it is pbem and Jackson would eventually get a Corps anyway, I went ahead and disbanded the Division since it didn't feel right to have him in command of both.

It's not really related, but players now have to decide whether the unrecoverable division formation cost is worth spending in 1861 to get those good future Corps leaders into action early with a "temporary" Division.

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”