Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Occupied city that doesn't change owner?

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:35 pm

This is a file from a ARW campaign game. There is an oddity with Savannah - there are no rebels there, the region is 100% under British control, the attacking force breached the defences early this turn and is on assault status, yet the city still shows as rebel-held. None of us (one a really experienced player) has seen this before. Any suggestions? Thanks. :)
Attachments
Savannah.zip
(41.89 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:32 pm

Hm, nobody? Never seen this before? :innocent:

Neither have I. :bonk:
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]

GShock

Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:58 pm

I can't help you with that because i haven't got BOA (and so i can't load the save), i happened to find out that CSA indians couldn't conquer towns, only indian villages.

My example fits?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

lodilefty

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:21 pm

The only thing I can see is that the engine may be confused by all the raiders mixed in with the light inf/dragoons

Certainly the Rangers and Natives cannot capture, but I can't recall if light inf or dragoons can.

Try removing the raiders so that only the legions remain..

I have vague recollecon that a unit/stack assumes the 'character' of the majority model, so perhaps the raiders and dragoons are the issue...

Any nearby militia should seal the deal.... :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:04 pm

In my defense, it's not my section of the battlefield. ;)

Thanks for the reply. I suppose we will check out if using regular troops will give us the city. :innocent:

Return to “Birth of America”