dooya

BOA: Questions concerning supply and generals

Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:16 pm

Here are a couple of questions that came up at SI and which I cannot answer, because I do not own BOA. I searched the forum for the supply related questions, but the threads I found did not make me any smarter (living rules thread).

Thus, it would be very nice if someone could help me with this. :coeurs:

(1) There are little grey squares with a one inside near to the cities. Those squares are flashing in red during the turn resolution. What do they mean?

(2) Given a region has a supply level of 1, how many Units can survive here without a supply wagon? Does this differ between summer and winter?

(3) Usually my armies are about 6 to 8 units. However, they do starve really fast due to lack of supply. Are those armies to large?

(4) On the map, regions with supply are in green, regions without supply are not. However, sometimes I conquer a city with a high supply level, but my garrisons starve because the do not get supplied. How do I now how much supply a region is providing.

(5) Given I have placed more than 1 general in an army, do the additional generals add any boni? How many generals are "usually" to be put in an army?
No quote - No bullshit!

FLS

Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:03 pm

+ 1! had the same questions.

I'm just updating this thread to have an answer... :thumbsup:

lodilefty

Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:17 pm

dooya wrote:Here are a couple of questions that came up at SI and which I cannot answer, because I do not own BOA. I searched the forum for the supply related questions, but the threads I found did not make me any smarter (living rules thread).

Thus, it would be very nice if someone could help me with this. :coeurs:

(1) There are little grey squares with a one inside near to the cities. Those squares are flashing in red during the turn resolution. What do they mean? ?

I'm not sure, but guess nothing special.??Just so you notice them? :blink:

dooya wrote:(2) Given a region has a supply level of 1, how many Units can survive here without a supply wagon? Does this differ between summer and winter??

Supply rule of thumb: Each supply level = ~5 supplies, so you can support army requiring 5 suppllies per turn. Hover tooltip over the supply icon in the army [group] disply to see the requirement. Remember to add up requiremennts of all groups in a region, including ships.

dooya wrote:(3) Usually my armies are about 6 to 8 units. However, they do starve really fast due to lack of supply. Are those armies to large??

Depends on #2. Where are they? Are they moving?

dooya wrote:(4) On the map, regions with supply are in green, regions without supply are not. However, sometimes I conquer a city with a high supply level, but my garrisons starve because the do not get supplied. How do I now how much supply a region is providing. ?

See above. This one sounds suspiocious.
In WIA [BoA2], green indicates 'adequate supply for armies in region'. Been too long since I played BoA, but it shoud be the same.

dooya wrote:(5) Given I have placed more than 1 general in an army, do the additional generals add any boni? How many generals are "usually" to be put in an army?

Command points are added, as well as any abilities [check ability for requirement to 'be in command': those apply only to the group commander]

Hope this helps.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

dooya

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:24 pm

Many thanks, lodi, I will forward the answers to the guy who wanted this to know. :coeurs:
No quote - No bullshit!

Return to “Birth of America”