jkk
Private

fautes d'epeller/spelling errors

Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:36 pm

Messieurs les dessineurs, veuillez comprendre s.v.p. que je comprends assez bien les difficultes avec la localization des programmes et egalement de mettre le travail a une langue etrangere. Au jeu, votre Anglais est tres bon, beaucoup mieux que mon Francais ; vous avez fait tres bien. Donc j'espere que vous ne me penserez pas de tout aggressif avec ma question. J'ecris ceci car tout le monde n'a pas besoin de le lire.

With that disclaimer made most clear: are there files in the game where we can correct the spelling of unit names, leaders and map areas by editing a plain-text file? Life has taught me not to go fiddling around with supporting files in software unless I'm 100% sure. A number of spelling errors jump out at me and I'd really, really love to just fix them, but I don't want to monkey with the files unless its safe.

PhilThib

Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Map errors are fixable only on the map graphic itslef.

All other can be edited in a text file (in fact we use an excel spreadsheet) :indien:

jkk
Private

Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:57 pm

PhilThib wrote:Map errors are fixable only on the map graphic itslef.

All other can be edited in a text file (in fact we use an excel spreadsheet) :indien:

But I believe that statement about map errors only applies to the graphic of the map, not the popup text and the words that appear. Those I believe come from a reference file and are not printed on a map, because the control of towns can vary, and therefore the background colour of the label varies. Where the words 'New Hampshire' are spread across the map to tell you that the area within these borders is generally considered New Hampshire, that cannot be edited without graphically editing the map. But the popup text I believe is editable.

So if I were to edit the town names, leader names and unit names, which files would I edit?

Pocus

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:57 am

Hello jkk,

I believe you should open a new thread in the BOA modding section, you'll get more answers and can exchanges with players on these subjects. The corrections you ask for imply several changes over severals files, so ... modding forum :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

jkk
Private

Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks, Pocus. That makes sense.

Return to “Birth of America”