noone23
Conscript

BoA Players Soon to be Abandoned

Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:06 am

Somewhere at these forums I recently saw a notice stating that BoA will no longer be supported at some point in the near future as the focus will then shift to the upcoming BoA2. I hope this isn't entirely true. We who post at these BoA forums bought this game, after all, and we need whatever help we request here. I am still trying to learn some things about editing the game in spite of my non-tech orientation. I just hope time doesn't run out for me and everyone else here.

Stwa
Colonel

Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:26 am

noone23 wrote:Somewhere at these forums I recently saw a notice stating that BoA will no longer be supported at some point in the near future as the focus will then shift to the upcoming BoA2. I hope this isn't entirely true. We who post at these BoA forums bought this game, after all, and we need whatever help we request here. I am still trying to learn some things about editing the game in spite of my non-tech orientation. I just hope time doesn't run out for me and everyone else here.

Yes, in gaming systems, forcing people to upgrade to the next revision level for a fee, may create some negative "emotion" amongst the players.

But, a lot will twist on how good BoA2 is. But, this is what Ageod want's to try, so it will be interesting either way.

Does any one know what happened with the 1.13 patch? How is it working now?

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:43 am

I believe Pocus said somewhere that the coding they are doing now will no longer be compatible with BOA codes. AGEOD also said that people who own BOA will be able to get BOA2 discounted. :dada: Besides there is plenty of playability left in this game. I own AACW but have only barely scratched it's surface as I find BOA very satisfying.

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:55 am

No worry, what Pocus meant was that no supplementary patches are planned for Birth of America. However, if you encounter a technical problem with our game you'll get some help of course.
If your question are about modding the engine, you'll get some answer to in the modding forum.

Best regards,

Korrigan
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Return to “Birth of America”