Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Amphibious Movement Snafu

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:07 pm

I've found an annoying feature of amphibious movement. Whenever I move units via bateaux from Quebec to Oswego or Fort Niagara or vice versa the units always dump off at Montreal. Why can't the units aboard the bateaux just stay on the bateaux until they reach their intended destination? If I wanted them dumping off at Montreal I'd just move them to Montreal. I can reload the units onto the still moving bateaux without losing any riverine movement time but it's still a pain in the behind to have to always reload the units onto the bateaux. Please fix this so that units stay on baord until they reach their intended destination.
Omnius

Pocus

Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:11 pm

This is a special case. Montreal harbor is the sole region which links 2 water regions not adjacent from each other, and the game allow you to move across the region as if a canal existed. Add to that the feature that unload your troops at the end of turn if in harbor, and you have this phenomena.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Needs Fixing

Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:47 pm

Pocus wrote:This is a special case. Montreal harbor is the sole region which links 2 water regions not adjacent from each other, and the game allow you to move across the region as if a canal existed. Add to that the feature that unload your troops at the end of turn if in harbor, and you have this phenomena.

Pocus,
Even if Montreal is somehow "special" it is very annoying to have to always reload transported units. It would be better if the amphib movement did not dump transported units until it got to it's destination. A bad feature that is not player friendly in the middle of a move.
Omnius

Return to “Birth of America”