Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Master Logistician Broken?

Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:43 pm

I've been watching closely at how the Master Logistician works for supply savings and I can't see any difference between when I have one in a big army or take him out. In fact I have tested this by having big armies with a Master Logistican in it and noting it's supply usage and then taking him out and running a turn and seeing the exact same supply usage numbers.

From my tests I have concluded that either the Master Logistician's supply savings does not work or else it somehow works "behind the scenes" and we can never figure out if it works or not. I would hope that having a Master Logistician in an army would show us that supply savings as we put him in or take him out of an army and we could see it as he goes in or out right away.
Omnius

anarchyintheuk
Lieutenant

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:11 pm

Thought he had to be in command for the bonus to apply.

Pocus

Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:46 pm

yes, was it the case?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Why?

Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:45 pm

Pocus wrote:yes, was it the case?

Pocus,
I had my Master Logistician as part of a bigger army so he wasn't the actual commander. I find this strange that he only works if he's in command of the army. Why doesn't his special effect work regardless the way it should? Other leaders provide their special talents even if they aren't in charge so why not Master Logisticians? Do ML's go braindead if they aren't in charge? It makes ML's rather wimpy and useless the way you've got them working now. I hope that will be remedied in BoA Gold and in AACW.
Omnius

Pocus

Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:21 am

This is on purpose, like some others abilities: to have a significant effect on some things, you have to be in lead, and not a subordinate with few powers.

If you disagree, just mod that away (know that patches overwrite this kind of changes, so reapply when you patch):

UID = 18
Name = $abi_nam_Logistician
Alias = Master_Logistician
Kind = $abiSupplyMod
Text = $abi_txt_Logistician
ImageID = abi_supply1.png
Color = $colAbi_Green
Appliance = Leader
Family = 0
Level = 1
Param0 = -25

Seek file \ACW\GameData\Abilities\18Master_Logistician.abi

Change Leader to Group.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks

Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:00 pm

Pocus,
Thanks for the dope on modding the Master Logistician but I think I'll just play the game as is. I'll just have to adjust my gameplay now that I understand how the ML works. It would have been good to make that much clearer in the manual so that there wouldn't have been confusion as to how the ML works or doesn't.
Omnius

Return to “Birth of America”