Jagger
AGEod Grognard

Map Graphics Fix

Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:59 pm

I have located 33 regions within BOA in which region terrain data does not match the map terrain graphics. The map terrain graphics, I believe, are the correct terrain. So I have corrected the terrain data files so those regions now match the map graphics. (Example-map graphics shows "clear" terrain but the game uses "swamp" terrain data. In this case, I would change the data file to reflect "clear" terrain data.)

The corrected regions are:

Sommerset, Monmouth, Reading, Sunbury, Lancaster, Bush, Carlisle, Frederick, Culpeper, Eyles ford, Cook, Danbridge, Warrenton, Guilford, Crook, Blackmingo, Lenud Ferry, Dorchester, Cherokee Ford, Ninety Six, Saluda, Thickety, Sapona, Saraw, Queensborough, Crook, Nottoway, Live Oak, Ochlocknee, Seminole, Chooka, Emuckfaw and Talahassee

To install the fix:
1. Open BOA folder, locate GameData folder
2. Open GameData folder and locate Regions folder
3. Use copy/paste to make a copy of your original Regions folder
4. Return to your original Regions folder. Upload zipped file at the bottom of this post into your Regions folder.
5. Unzip within your original Regions file and select overwrite all.
6. restart game to ensure data is incorporated into your current game.

The graphics depicted on your map will now accurately reflect game data for those 33 regions in your games against the AI. In PBEM games, the host must have this fix installed to reflect correct terrain data to graphics. It is best for both players to have fix installed.

If you notice any other regions in which the graphics and the tooltip terrain data do not match, please post here and I will update and make available the corrected region data.

27 Nov 2007 added an attachment containing only fixed regions-much smaller download.
Attachments
BOA Region Fix_Nov27.zip
(25.06 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
Regions.zip
(687.52 KiB) Downloaded 422 times

PhilThib

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:41 am

Thanks for the work. This shall be fixed with the upcoming BOA 2 map :indien:

gwgardner
Brigadier General

Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:47 am

Thanks for that, Jagger. Great work.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:51 am

Phil: When? I am about to buy BOA so I am not making an idle rquest. Larry

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:02 am

I don't want to be pessimistic but don't expect BoA 2 before later Q4 2007/early Q1 2008 now, we're running behind schedule as Vainglory and Napoleon's campaigns are going to take huge part of the work agenda. :nuts:

However, I think we'll try to propose some kind of special offer to those who bought BoA from us and wish to upgrade. We don't screw the community.

More later. :cwboy:
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Jagger
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:54 pm

gwgardner wrote:Thanks for that, Jagger. Great work.

Any time!! :king:

Boggit
Private

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:17 pm

Many thanks Jagger.
Much appreciated. :sourcil:

galaril
Civilian

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:48 am

Korrigan wrote:I don't want to be pessimistic but don't expect BoA 2 before later Q4 2007/early Q1 2008 now, we're running behind schedule as Vainglory and Napoleon's campaigns are going to take huge part of the work agenda. :nuts:

However, I think we'll try to propose some kind of special offer to those who bought BoA from us and wish to upgrade. We don't screw the community.

More later. :cwboy:

Is this true? Pocus? 08? :fleb: The last I heard was the BOA GOLD was coming out in September time frame?

PhilThib

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:04 am

We'll do our best, but we are quite late. :p leure:

Stwa
Colonel

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:16 am

PhilThib wrote:Thanks for the work. This shall be fixed with the upcoming BOA 2 map.
We'll do our best, but we are quite late. :p leure:

So does this means that clear errors in the original BOA game are no longer going to be fixed with a patch?

Just wondering, because I would like to purchase BOA now, and perhaps get BOA 2 next summer.

Lafrite

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:18 am

Buy it

Owners of BoA will get a discount for upgrading to BoA Gold.

Stwa
Colonel

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:46 am

Jagger wrote:I have located 33 regions within BOA in which region terrain data does not match the map terrain graphics. The map terrain graphics, I believe, are the correct terrain. So I have corrected the terrain data files so those regions now match the map graphics. (Example-map graphics shows "clear" terrain but the game uses "swamp" terrain data. In this case, I would change the data file to reflect "clear" terrain data.)

The corrected regions are:

Sommerset, Monmouth, Reading, Sunbury, Lancaster, Bush, Carlisle, Frederick, Culpeper, Eyles ford, Cook, Danbridge, Warrenton, Guilford, Crook, Blackmingo, Lenud Ferry, Dorchester, Cherokee Ford, Ninety Six, Saluda, Thickety, Sapona, Saraw, Queensborough, Crook, Nottoway, Live Oak, Ochlocknee, Seminole, Chooka, Emuckfaw and Talahassee

Well, it looks like Montgomery (Winchester?) is not right either. I think it says forest when it should say woods.

Return to “Birth of America”