Pocus

---> BOA 1.12a quickfix <---

Fri May 25, 2007 12:21 pm

==============================================================================
Birth of America Update 1.12a Readme
Friday, May 25, 2007

1775 regular campaign did not have militia disbanding (the alternate one works fine). (you need to restart a game here, PBEMers contact me)

More supply distributed by structures: (dynamically applied to current games)
(per level)
Indian village: 2 > 3
Harbor: no change
City: 1 > 2
Depot: 10 > 20
Fort: 5 > 6

(these values can be tweaked by users, in the gamedata\structures directory)

Downloadable from the Permanent Files Library section :sourcil:

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

joe
Lieutenant

Fri May 25, 2007 2:55 pm

Thanks Pocus!

Stwa
Colonel

Need Option Parameter

Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:56 pm

Pocus wrote:==============================================================================
Birth of America Update 1.12a Readme
Friday, May 25, 2007

1775 regular campaign did not have militia disbanding (the alternate one works fine). (you need to restart a game here, PBEMers contact me)

More supply distributed by structures: (dynamically applied to current games)
(per level)
Indian village: 2 > 3
Harbor: no change
City: 1 > 2
Depot: 10 > 20
Fort: 5 > 6

(these values can be tweaked by users, in the gamedata\structures directory)

Someday, if you could just make these values modifyable by an options parameter, then maybe the whole issue can be put to rest.

Using a high end value set with percentages like 25%, 50%, and 75% for each option box to make the supply more restrictive, etc...

Pocus

Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:05 am

can be an idea yes...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Why Play the Old 1775 Campaign?

Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:50 pm

I'm wondering why anyone would play the original standard 1775 scenario now that there's the 1775 alt. scenario to play. I find the alt. scenario far superior to the original. I know the manual says that depots put out 10 supply chits but in the 1775 alt. scenario they appear to put out 20. I like the 20 level better and find even that is tough for supplying large armies.

I sure hope that the AI is better at keeping armies supplied. I played one game as the Americans and watched the British AI lose about 20 units in Manhattan due to supply shortage. It never got smart and moved out excess units and even abandoned Boston with it's depot in favor of overloading Manhattan.
Omnius

Stwa
Colonel

Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:28 pm

Omnius wrote:I'm wondering why anyone would play the original standard 1775 scenario now that there's the 1775 alt. scenario to play. I find the alt. scenario far superior to the original. I know the manual says that depots put out 10 supply chits but in the 1775 alt. scenario they appear to put out 20. I like the 20 level better and find even that is tough for supplying large armies.

I sure hope that the AI is better at keeping armies supplied. I played one game as the Americans and watched the British AI lose about 20 units in Manhattan due to supply shortage. It never got smart and moved out excess units and even abandoned Boston with it's depot in favor of overloading Manhattan.
Omnius

With this patch, all scenarios will get 20 for the depot, right? :bonk:

I think your analysis is right on though. But I still like the regular 1775 scenario as well.

Now days, when playing the British, I simply occupy as many of the objective cities as possible during 1776/1777 and make depots and/or forts in each one. I never move out all of the reinforcements are in, then start trying to pick off the stratigic cities starting around 1778.

This all makes for a very enjoyable game. The AI doesn't beat me, but I DONT want the AI to win. There has been many a great battle, and each time I replay a scenario, it is slightly different than the one before.

I have seen the AI put together large armies and small ones and at times the AI seems very clever, even though I know that is not really the case.

Pocus

Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:21 am

everyone, even the AI, can have his moment of glory ;)

Return to “Birth of America”