French VICTORY

French - 1791
British - 1541

Great game! :indien:
Thanks
Wayne

Sol Invictus

Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:27 am

Yes it is a great game. I just finished my first 1755 campaign as the British and the early going was tense, though I cruised toward the end with the British hordes. I will start a 1755 campaign after the patch on Friday as the French and expect much angst. Damn this is such a great game! :indien:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Levis
Private

Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:04 am

Well done, Waynef! I won 1755 as the French as well, but it was tough going and I will be the first admit Montcalm was lucky. Two tactics worked very well. I used Indians and irregulars to raid British supply lines. For much of the war Montcalm lived off captured English supplies. And I used the same forces to capture and burn every fort I could. That put the English forces back on their heels, opening up the interior to raid and burn some more. By the end, I had nearly pushed the British into the sea in the South and Pennsylvannia.

waynef
Corporal

Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:41 pm

Levis wrote:Well done, Waynef! I won 1755 as the French as well, but it was tough going and I will be the first admit Montcalm was lucky. Two tactics worked very well. I used Indians and irregulars to raid British supply lines. For much of the war Montcalm lived off captured English supplies. And I used the same forces to capture and burn every fort I could. That put the English forces back on their heels, opening up the interior to raid and burn some more. By the end, I had nearly pushed the British into the sea in the South and Pennsylvannia.

My thoughts exactly... I felt like I was a pirate! French dont have enough men and material to attack in force. Hit and run.

Funny ... I too burned and destroyed everything in sight

A terrible moment came for me when I tried moving an assault force from Louisbourg down the coast toward NY ... English Ships of the Line caught me and eliminated my ENTIRE fleet ... men and ships - Gone ... with no other replacements coming.

I ended up losing Montreal but hung onto Oswego and Niagra and Quebec

lots of fun ... :indien:
Thanks

Wayne

Grell
Corporal

Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:56 pm

I love this campaign, it really is something else. I'd say it's my favourite campaign.

Regards,

Grell

Return to “Birth of America”