rasnell
Major

help with recruiting

Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:22 am

I am in large cities, set to passive, with weakened forces. I control the region, too.

Why do I end the game with 52 militia and 47 regular infantry in my recruiting box still waiting but never coming into the game.

I've always been baffled by this no matter how many times I look at the manual or posts on the forum.

Is it typical to have a very large number of recruits who never come into the game.

Rafiki

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:00 am

Sounds like you might be placing your people into replacements.

Here's a post of mine that explains the relationship between conscript companies, replacments and reinforcements: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=72934#post72934
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

arsan

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:42 am

it's a BoA thread Rafiki... :neener: ;)

Rafiki

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 am

Bleh, then my answer is of *no* use :P

(As penance, I shall write 100 times on a sheet "I will check which forum I am in before replying).

I guess I got confused since BoA doesn't have recruiting; what you see is replacements ready to be used to repair damaged elements and replace eliminated ones :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

rasnell
Major

Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:26 am

Back to my BOA question, is it typical to have 50-70 unused units in the recruitment screen? How could I have more effectively received these replacements?

My understanding was to have damaged units in a large city and set them to passive, making sure you weren't besieged?

lodilefty

Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:32 am

Actually, it is fairly normal to have an abundance of replacements in BoA.

You are doing the right things to use them, but the game as written generates many replacements...

We've 'throttled this back' in WiA ;)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

wryun
Sergeant

Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:41 am

rasnell wrote:I am in large cities, set to passive, with weakened forces. I control the region, too.

Why do I end the game with 52 militia and 47 regular infantry in my recruiting box still waiting but never coming into the game.

Are they missing elements, or simply damaged? Are the units missing elements the right type to receive the replacements you have?

Either way, I think you have more success the more excess supply you have (and the really annoying thing is that empty supply wagons seem to soak up supply before replacements are allocated, so it can often be better to move them out for a few turns).

I've always been baffled by this no matter how many times I look at the manual or posts on the forum.

Is it typical to have a very large number of recruits who never come into the game.

Usually, particularly if you're winning! Play the French in the 1755 Campaign, though, and you'll find regulars are a bit of a problem :)

Return to “Birth of America”