stegosarus_army
Sergeant

battle reports and retreats

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:43 am

hi im an new commer to the ageods games, and i just purchaced BOA about a week about. I love the game, and im having a blast, but theres somethings that are confusing me. mainly the battle reports and retreating.

my cannons open fire at range 5. the americans retreat at hour start firing at range 3. but if you notice on the log, the americans retreated at hour 3. how can we both have melee hits? i failed like 12 morale checks and the americans 56

are the casualities inflicted during retreating included in total hits or is it a seperate amount?
is there anyone out there that can help me out with this? its been giving me a headache :bonk:

lodilefty

Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:12 am

The hits during retreat are additional to those in the battle. Sometimes this can result in total destruction of your force. :(

As for Who hit Who, etc, you can look in the "logs" subfolder for the !battlelog.txt

One thing you'll see is that range is reduced during a single hour, so assault can occur..... It's tedious readng, but highly detailed :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

stegosarus_army
Sergeant

Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:42 pm

ok.. thanks for quick reply/ help. i thought this thread would never get a reply because i figure that everyone has already moved on to WIA.

i guess the main thing that confuses me is the fact that the americans retreated at hour 3 and started firing at range 3 and werent in passive stance. i thought that assaults can only happen at range 0 and that when somebody does retreat they go to passive stance.

so am i correct in thinking that retreats arent part of the battle shown and that assaults can happen at ranges greater than 0 as long one side is retreating?

maybe im over analyzing?

lodilefty

Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:04 pm

AFAIK, the range can reduce several times in a single hour, so that you can get to Range = 0 in the first hour....

excerpt from an old battle report:

Round: 0 Battle is now at [color="Red"]range 4[/color]
12:40:46 PM (Reporting) Picked: AME Continental Army Artillery open fire
12:40:46 PM (Reporting) Target unit is: Great Britain\H.Clinton's Army\38th Foot
<snip>
12:40:46 PM (Reporting)
12:40:46 PM (Reporting) [color="red"]Changing range[/color]
12:40:46 PM (Reporting) Round: 0 Battle is now at [color="red"]range 3[/color]
12:40:46 PM (Reporting) Changing range
12:40:46 PM (Reporting) Round: 0 Battle is now at [color="red"]range 2[/color]
12:40:46 PM (Reporting) Picked: AME Continental Army Infantry open fire
12:40:46 PM (Reporting) Target unit is: Great Britain\H.Clinton's Army\5th Foot
<snip>

...and of course BoA is still supported :D It was my first AGEOD game :love:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

stegosarus_army
Sergeant

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:28 pm

thanks.
that cleared up alot. i was never aware that range could change multiple times in an hour. i thought that it was a bug or something.

its good to know everybody didnt move on yet.
AACW would have been my first game form ageod, but i didnt have enough money at the time. since i like supporting indie companies and BOA was 15 bucks, i didnt think it would hurt too bad not starting off with one of the newer games.

ageod rocks :thumbsup:

Return to “Birth of America”