Search found 48 matches

Go to advanced search

by Cetacea
Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:46 pm
Forum: Pride of Nations
Topic: public beta 1.01-Oscar 24. September 2011
Replies: 10
Views: 9443

Where on the Paradox forums do I find this patch? I bought my PON copy from Steam, can't find a product code, therefore cannot register my game with Paradox. But previous 1.01 patches could be installed.
by Cetacea
Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 pm
Forum: Pride of Nations
Topic: Diplomacy
Replies: 11
Views: 8188

I agree completely. Diplomacy is part of the spice of the era.
by Cetacea
Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:54 pm
Forum: Pride of Nations
Topic: Generation of Generals
Replies: 0
Views: 1919

Generation of Generals

Is there any way to influence the process of generating generals, other than instant replacement as soon as a colleague has died? For example: is the number of officers a factor?

My expanding colonies could use leaders, as does my expanding army.
by Cetacea
Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:09 pm
Forum: Pride of Nations
Topic: Diplomacy
Replies: 11
Views: 8188

I guess one important issue here is the time scale. Significant slides in mutual relations did not take place within the timeframe of a few weeks - at least not in the 19th century. In game terms this would mean (very) many turns. So how to simulate that? Tedious micromanagement each turn in order t...
by Cetacea
Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 am
Forum: Pride of Nations
Topic: Diplomacy
Replies: 11
Views: 8188

Diplomacy

How flexible is diplomacy? In my current game as Prussia I attacked the Netherlands in 1854, because that country had DOWed and occupied Hannover. (Hannoverian troops remain alive, in exile in my Prussian lands.) I occupied the four Dutch mainland regions and succesfully stormed their three fortress...
by Cetacea
Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:31 pm
Forum: Pride of Nations
Topic: Inflation
Replies: 5
Views: 5888

Thnx, Pesec. Any idea what inflation's effects are and how it can be lowered, other than by means of the occasional event 'economic sunshine' (or what's the name)?
by Cetacea
Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:04 pm
Forum: Pride of Nations
Topic: Inflation
Replies: 5
Views: 5888

Inflation

Playing Prussia in the early '50s my inflation soars! 21% in 1853. Every once in a while I get messages like the one attached. What does it mean, how does it work, and what can I do to prevent / redress this?
by Cetacea
Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:23 pm
Forum: Help to improve RUS
Topic: You've received a new general
Replies: 8
Views: 7370

I confirm problems with leader generation. Playing SW I tried to procure several white and Don cossack leaders through the reinforcement ledger. The EP cost was subtracted; I recieved a message about the new leader but failed to identify them. All of them drunk somewhere in a barn ? :mdr: Seriously:...
by Cetacea
Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:53 pm
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

Late October 1756 - invading Saxony (cont'd) What happened? Saxony may a desparate sortie out of Pirna into the direction of Dresden but was beaten back by Keith (who was there exactly for this eventuality). That was fine - although I lost over 3000 men and 801 wonderful horse against an enemy who ...
by Cetacea
Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:35 pm
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

A campaign of enlightenment

Early October 1756 - invading Saxony (cont'd) In fact, surprisingly little happened. Frederick reached Dippoldiswalde but the Austrians were not assaulted. Von Brunswick held his position. (Btw: I don't understand why Postures and ROE changed. Frederick is now Defensive, Von Brunswick Offensive.) S...
by Cetacea
Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:37 pm
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

Von Katte family

I always wonder who this von Katte is. The best friend of Frederick was called von Katte, but he was executed. Is this a brother or a cousin of him? I looked it up. The Von Katte (not, as I wrote earlier: Von Kätte) family was a noble family from the Altmark - but probably originating from the Neth...
by Cetacea
Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:45 pm
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

I guess it's better like this?
by Cetacea
Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:20 pm
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

A campaign of enlightenment

Late September 1756 - invading Saxony (cont'd) As to developments in other parts of the theater: Itzenplitz's half-strength brigade (from Wedell's column) reinforces Keith. Von Zieten's hussars did not yet bring Freiberg under complete Prussian control so they will remain there another turn. Major ...
by Cetacea
Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:16 pm
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

A campaign of enlightenment

Late September 1756 - invading Saxony (cont'd) The most important message: http://www.ageod-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12131&stc=1&d=1281188657 Interesting situation in Dippoldiswalde! Brunswick reached the area at day 9 but was attacked at day 14 by what must be the Austrian main force ...
by Cetacea
Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:24 am
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

enf91 wrote:Add another general?

P.S. Apparently you have an attachment, but I can't see what it is.

You're right! In another game I added a general to the 2 regt. Hussar brigade and it now lost its 10% penalty.

Re. the attachment: that was the unintended remnant of initial attempts to insert the image.
by Cetacea
Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:20 am
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

A campaign of enlightenment

But before proceeding it may be helpful to summarize graphically the moves described above

Image
by Cetacea
Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:09 pm
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

A campaign of enlightenment

Early September 1756 - invading Saxony The very first months of the war and the remaining season of 1756 - I guess until November or December, when troops go into winter quarters - is dedicated to the destruction of the Saxon army and the subjugation of what remains of the country. The Saxon army i...
by Cetacea
Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:00 pm
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

A campaign of enlightenment

Strategic considerations One of the interesting, if not appealing, aspects of playing Prussia in this game is the fact that one ultimately conducts a defensive war. The aim is to keep the superior encircling forces from Austria, France, Russia, the HRE and Sweden out till 1764. No inexorable steamr...
by Cetacea
Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:58 pm
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

A campaign of enlightenment

Settings I start single player (against AI) game version 1.05 beta patch 5, with some recent AI adjustments that were presented in the past days by Clovis, but without the latest terrain adjustments. Fog of war is on; Activation rule is checked in the middle box (large movement and combat penalty i...
by Cetacea
Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:56 pm
Forum: RoP: Rise of Prussia AARs
Topic: A campaign of enlightenment
Replies: 16
Views: 27449

A campaign of enlightenment

Introduction Frederick the Great and his Seven Years War have always fascinated me. The man who stood at the cradle of the early twentieth century German superpower, who in his youth loved war and later in his live avoided it, who was both a cynic and an idealist, an enlightened atheist, an accompl...
by Cetacea
Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:22 pm
Forum: Rise of Prussia
Topic: Ghost enemy?
Replies: 3
Views: 4455

Thanks. That was helpfull. Merging the separate fort battery with Fred's army and sending the lone Seydlitz brigade on a cavalry detour resulted in a major battle that was gloriously won by the Prussians. Why was it decided to require an army to absorbe all forces in the region (I guess: not separat...
by Cetacea
Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:10 am
Forum: Rise of Prussia
Topic: Ghost enemy?
Replies: 3
Views: 4455

Ghost enemy?

The following 'problem' (?) occurred in my game, playing the Prussian side. In late April 1757, Saxon Chemnitz, by now a Prussian depot, was invaded by the Bohemische Armee of Charles of Lorraine. It probably was conquered, although this event was never mentioned in the log. Neither did I receive an...
by Cetacea
Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:16 am
Forum: Rise of Prussia
Topic: Supply Question
Replies: 47
Views: 32573

As I recall, river-borne supply can be interdicted by artillery in AACW - I wonder if that's also true in ROP? The guns had much shorter range, but then the rivers (Donau, Rhin, Elbe, etc) are not as broad as the Mississippi. Talking about rivers: what's their effect on supply conduits in the game?...
by Cetacea
Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:30 pm
Forum: AACW Technical support / Aide technique
Topic: problems with fonts - 1.13b
Replies: 8
Views: 6117

I found the settings in my video card menu and switched the font representation to 96 dpi. It worked: all fonts are now legibly displayed!

Thanks, Nikel, for your expert advice!
by Cetacea
Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:53 pm
Forum: AACW Technical support / Aide technique
Topic: problems with fonts - 1.13b
Replies: 8
Views: 6117

Gray_Lensman wrote:Currently there are six font files in the ...ACW/Fonts/... folder.

edmunds.ttf
JPHSL.TTF
Lalex.TTF
OKLAHOMA.TTF
Saddlebag.ttf
Windsong.ttf

Check to see if they're present.


BTW: all six fonts are present.
by Cetacea
Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:52 pm
Forum: AACW Technical support / Aide technique
Topic: problems with fonts - 1.13b
Replies: 8
Views: 6117

Nikel wrote:The problem seems similar to this one


http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=3664&highlight=Fonts


Yes, this appears similar. This thread advises to set the Font DPI to 96. So how do I do that? :wacko:
by Cetacea
Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:55 pm
Forum: AACW Technical support / Aide technique
Topic: problems with fonts - 1.13b
Replies: 8
Views: 6117

Yes, I did reboot. No changes.
by Cetacea
Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:05 pm
Forum: AACW Technical support / Aide technique
Topic: problems with fonts - 1.13b
Replies: 8
Views: 6117

problems with fonts - 1.13b

After having not played the game for more than half a year, I updated to the latest patch 1.13b and started a new game. I then experienced a problem with (illegible) fonts in the unit representations and information on the lower status bar. See for example the screenshot enclosed that displays the i...
by Cetacea
Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:00 am
Forum: Help improve WW1!
Topic: Beta Patch 1.05l
Replies: 54
Views: 39144

Dear Cetacea, the developer of irrKlang is giving me really a big support. So I deseve him the max respect! ;) Consider also that some problems could be my errors too. Coding is a though job. :wacko: What does mean "irre klange"??? :confused: 'Klang' means sound. 'Irre' (both as a noun and as an ad...
by Cetacea
Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:39 pm
Forum: Help improve WW1!
Topic: Beta Patch 1.05l
Replies: 54
Views: 39144

BTW: I'm not whining. The game comes out glorious! It has this wonderful feel of WW1, a feeling of joy and excitement that people must have felt all over Europe in the heydays of that beautiful Indian summer of 1914, prior to the carnage that was about to be. The colours of the game, the graphics, t...

Go to advanced search